Sunrunner Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sunrunner Owners

Just had the impeller changed and the temperature is back to normal levels (btw 160 and 180 F tops). Also fixed the motor spring that holds it down in reverse so it's back to nominal...

Hi All,
I own a 1984 Sunrunner 230 SB (see pix) that I use fairly often in between Moriches Inlet, Shinnecock Bay and into the Peconic (just went to Shelter Island on a seven+ hour day cruise).
I've had the boat for almost three years and she runs very well except that lately I have noticed that the temperature is running higher than usual (I have the AQ231A SP V8 Volvo Penta unit with the freshwater cooling system and last weekend it was running consistently around 200 F with a water temperature of around 75 F) and it always has a slight list to port (despite setting the trim tabs properly, they work normally, I checked them when docked). The oil pressure fluctuates between 20 and 40 psi depending on temperature and RPM which seems to be within nominal values range.
The engine has approximately 1500 hours on it and I haven't changed the impeller for the last two seasons.
Besides these minor issues I couldn't be happier with the boat! built like an aircraft carrier and exceedingly fast for the size and powertrain (I regularly achieve 35 Mph on it).
The outdrives tend to kick up some times when you engage reverse but it's relatively easy to fix (push down on it with an oar and it will lock)...
Any insight on the heating issues will be appreciated!

Thanks

CRC

Thinking about buying a 1984 coastal cruiser 23.5 footer.. Anyone know the size of the fuel tank? And how good it is on gas? I want a good boat for delta and bay fishing. Thoughts? Tgis would be my first boat.

Thanks guys

N&M

bgc

Ensign

IMG_1283.jpg

Panu

Cadet

Hi.. Just got Sun Runner 225 -87
Just a shame that its winter coming =( Atleast i have 6-7months time to fix my baby ;)

sunrunner.jpg

sunrunner225.jpg

sunrunner22587x.jpg

Does anyone have a user manual for the boat and coud e-mail it for me?

Tazmeano1

Recruit

Hey, A newbie to this fourm. I own a 1991 SUNRUNNER ULTRA 252, These boats are really well done. I have had it seven years with minimal problems out on the west coast. That means it is 365 days in the water and going. Does anybody aware of a sunrunner site (pick a part) salvage. Could use a few things. After 700 hours I guess I may know a thing or two about this brand.

fasthobbys1

Cadet

Owner of a 1988 Sunrunner 215XL volvo penta 5.7L AQ 285 drive. Bought 2 years ago as abandoned. 1st year got into runable shape. 2nd year new transom,engine stringers,engine overhaul,and new apholstry.
P7250117.jpgP8290139.jpg

gtmci84s

Cadet

Same here 1989 235 weekender. Post some pics of yours ^ id like to see others.

johnny5261

Recruit

Hi Sunrunners

I have an 89 318 with dual volvo penta 271c duoprops, had it 8 yrs now, just finished repowering both, I love mine

MR91387

Recruit

Medic: Exact replacement dash panels are just about impossible to find. You'll have to make a new one. Replacing the guages isn't that complicated if you follow the wiring diagrams. You need a factory service manual for your engine; it will have the dash wiring diagram in it. You can use the generic diagram found elsewhere on this site. Let me know if there's any specific info I can give you. Check the Sunrunner web site for more info. luck. Hy

what is the exact website adrress for SUNRUNNER WEBSITE!! I cannot seem to find it!
thanks

hello, fellow sunrunner owners i recently bought a sunrunner boat but i cant find anything about this boat on the internet.. idk the model of it but the title says its a 15' and it has an outboard motor.. could anyone tell me what model my boat is?? its a 1983 sunrunner 15' thats about all i know

bgc

Ensign

Thake a look at the Sunrunner group on yahoo. They have several sales brochures scaned.

I have the same boat that you have. Mine is in not as good condition. I brought it home to Washington a few months ago from Colorado. I have spent the last few months trying to figure out all of the wiring. I saved pictures of your boat as to know how the top is suppose to look when I get the funds to invest in that next. Thank you for the pictures. Here is mine.

Attachments

• IMAG0132.jpg
    IMAG0132.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0133(1).jpg
    IMAG0133(1).jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.