CL buy 1990 SPL160FS hope it runs as well on the water....

MACH1SCJ

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Did not get a water trial........
Been 12 years since its had a new water pump......
His sons took it out two weekends ago......

Came with a bunch of stuff & sounded really good on the muffs....We will see, hopefully this weekend.

$1500 & I did not even haggle, I guess I shoud have. Now I'm scared to take it out to see what I got.

The floor is very solid and the transom seems to be very solid as well. upholstry is in fair- condition and minor gel coat cracking..

I figured it had $500 woth of good used gear (tube, tow rope, tow yoke, nylon guide ons (new still in box), 6 vests, big net, bottle jack, wheel choks, two brand new batterys altho wal-mart brand (yuk), and a few other odds & ends

Attachments

• 100_2226.jpg
    100_2226.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 0

dtnel

Seaman
Re: CL buy 1990 SPL160FS hope it runs as well on the water....

I bought this same motor with boat, 92 and a 99 shorelandr trailer today, sat 11the. Paid about 1k more but now I realized there's other issues with the lower end when we returned to the lake and had other experienced folks looking things over for me. Look at my other thread I posted here in the forums in case you can help me or not. Thanks !!

MACH1SCJ

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Round two this afternoon. Kids had big smiles on the tube. altho the tow yoke broke, It was in poor condition anyways. Need to replace the reeds to improve idle quality & hopfully stop the stalling at low rpm. Hope it floats alone ok tonight as I left it in the slip.

Dtnel I saw your post.

dtnel

Seaman

Round two this afternoon. Kids had big smiles on the tube. altho the tow yoke broke, It was in poor condition anyways. Need to replace the reeds to improve idle quality & hopfully stop the stalling at low rpm. Hope it floats alone ok tonight as I left it in the slip.

Dtnel I saw your post.

I dumped the oil tonight, tried the drain plug in the top hole. Threading was stripped so I retapped it as I still have my tap and die set from the wrenching days I left in '97 but the threads are still a little loose. Most of what was drained was clear water at first then a small amount of oil, maybe 2 or 3 tablespoons.

It's nice to see you got yours going once again. I need to see what my next step is. DOn't want to buy a motor quite yet but a local trade for a different size motor may be in order if someone needs my size of engine but we'll see. Want to get a compression test done before I go any further with this given the lower unit issue.