my old sunbird spirit 170

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arik

Recruit
I got it for free!!!:)

it was for 3 years under a tree, and was covers with flowers and pine.....

it took me 2 days to clean and it still miles to finish.
i pool out the gas tank cover and it is look like oily guee on the plastic tank.
what should i do now , can i take the tank out and clean it should i go and but battery to see if it run....
the boat still got gas in the tank but it was there for 3 years...
it is a project , i know but i need your expert to make it happen :)

Arik

Recruit
Re: my old sunbird spirit 170

I got it for free!!!:)

it was for 3 years under a tree, and was covers with flowers and pine.....

it took me 2 days to clean and it still miles to finish.
i pool out the gas tank cover and it is look like oily guee on the plastic tank.
what should i do now , can i take the tank out and clean it should i go and but battery to see if it run....
the boat still got gas in the tank but it was there for 3 years...
it is a project , i know but i need your expert to make it happen :)

So i took the gas tank drain it out put battery and what do you know the stero is working, the motor is coming down but only a little bit ? It's looks like it stuck somewhere but I don't see where...
OR mabie the hydraulic is damage

bimmerd00d

Recruit
i just got a spirit 170 for free as well from a coworker, it sat on a dry lake bed (sand) when the level went down. I am doing the same restoration as you! My dad didn't think the trim motor would work at all, but much to our surprise it did. It seemed a bit stiff at first, but it seems to be better now. You may need to take the trim assembly apart and clean/lube it. I was recommended this stuff called Star-Brite, it supposedly does the trick for the fuel tanks.. I need to get a electric siphon pump to hook up to the old fuel line to drain it all.

Mod EDIT: Link removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.