Sunbird 198 Corsair specs

Tomba74

Recruit
Hep! Just bought that -91 Sunbird with OMC 4,3 v6 and I need some specs about it. Weight, width, fuel tank capacity? Length of it I already know :)
Thanx for your help!

69GTOby

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Sunbird 198 Corsair specs

The 4.3 is a very good engine. Nice little boat. There is a capacity plate on starboard side near the driver's position. It should have some of that info. For info on the engine, it should have various tags and stickers on it. To determine fuel capacity, I would just run it to near empty (bring some extra fuel in case) and fill it up.

justspeed

Cadet

I have the same boat but with the 3.0. My fuel tank is 31 gallons. I like the boat. Its a great lake boat. They handle very bad off in the gulf or ocean. Not meant to handle swells at all.

How fast will yours go with that 4.3? With just me in my boat and calm water I can reach about 38mph With me a buddy and plenty of fishing gear, coolers and etc I avg about 34 mph.

I bet that 4.3 gets you over 40mpg with gear and all in boat huh

Tomba74

Recruit

I like the boat also very much. I use it on the lake too and it works great in there.

Max speed with two persons on boat is around 45-47 mph. Engine is strong enough to pull skier easily with four persons on boat.

Thanks for the info about the tank capacity!