Replacing Sunbird fuel lines on a SLP 190 1990

bbolger

Recruit
Fuel tank is in good shape, but the fuuel lines have to be replaces, We got them out, but wondering if anyone has ever replaced them? Or on a simalar boat?

pamlicobeach

Cadet
Re: Replacing Sunbird fuel lines on a SLP 190 1990

I'm getting ready to tackle the same thing. How did you inspect the fuel tank? What abut the fuel pickup in the tank? Did you find a problem with your fuel lines?

lexmark256

Recruit

how did you get the fuel lines out? i am doing the same thing, same boat, right now. the lines appear stuck or (foamed in place). i have trouble with my primer bulb sucking flat when i open the throttle up. i've done everything else recommended here on these forums.

Leon heims

Cadet

i have a sunbird euro/sport 190 with a 90 johnson, i replaced my fuel lines last year, my lines was leaking, you always smelled gas and when the boat sat in the yard for a week or so, the gas would evaporate. i thought it was the gas tank, we cut the floor up and took the tank out and found out the line leaked right at the clamp where it attaches to tank. i bought 8 feet of new line and drilled holes in the new and old lines and tie straped both lines together so when we pulled one, the new hose pulled in the same way the old line came out . hope this helps you out.