93 Sunbird Regency 195

steve31

Cadet
Hi,
I'm new here and was hoping someone might be able to help me out. I recently purchased a Sunbird Regency with a OMC Ford 5.0 I/O. I am trying to find the horsepower rating of this engine. I am also trying to find someone that has one of these boats with the original sundeck. The previous owner of this boat pulled the sundeck and related pieces out and I would like to rebuild mine as close to original as possible. Also, I can get this boat to 50 mph when properly trimmed out. Is this a good top end for this boat? It has a 21 pitch four blade stainless prop on it.
Thanks,
Steve

gregstukey

Seaman
Re: 93 Sunbird Regency 195

Yo Steve, I have a 92 Sunbird Corsair 205 with a Cobra 5.0 V8 and I think,...i think the horses are around 240. and yes, i think 50 mph is a good top end. mine will hit 52 with a glassy lake and properly trimmed--with a 19 pitch 3 blade aluminum prop (the wife gets upset when i bring up buying a 350.00 stainless prop...:)...hope this helps.

-Greg

lucky_arg

Recruit
Re: 93 Sunbird Regency 195

Hi Steve, do you have the manual of your 1993 Sunbird regency 195? i'm lookinf for some official paper in which the number of persons allowded to be on board is written. Are you able to help me with that?

Thanking you in advance