150 Vmax Propeller Size

ANIM8R

Cadet
Good morning all ...

I know its a tad early in the season to be thinking about boating ( especially in Canada lol ). I have a 05 Stratos 486 SF and absolutely love it! Perfect blend of Fishing and pulling the tube. Now .. I currently have a 21 pitch propeller on her. I top out about 49 mph with gear, full tank of gas, a few beverages and a passenger. Funny story that I may get into a bit later, but lets say I passed a buddys 60k Lund Tyee 1950 with a 225 merc on he back last year and he wasn't happy lol. Pretty good for a 16k boat :) So now I've heard through the grapevine that hes re-proping to get a bit more speed on me. I know I can get up to a 29 for my boat. I was wondering if any of you had tried different props. ( I know Yamaha power matched the 21 to the 486 for a good blend of bottom end and top end speed ) I would switch up and down depending on what I am doing that day, so I'm not really worried about bottom end power for skiing. With that said the 486 launches hard out of the hole with the 21 and has good mid and upper acceleration.

Any input would be greatly appreciated !

Cheers - Brandon

Bamaman1

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 150 Vmax Propeller Size

But you didn't say how many RPM's you were running at full throttle trimmed out.

If you're running over 6000 RPM's (or over redline), a higher pitch prop may be needed.

ANIM8R

Cadet
Re: 150 Vmax Propeller Size

But you didn't say how many RPM's you were running at full throttle trimmed out.

If you're running over 6000 RPM's (or over redline), a higher pitch prop may be needed.

Sorry about that ... I'm running around 5500 - 5600 WOT with the 21 on it ... with just me in the boat, i can hit about 54 ... fully loaded 49(ish)

Cheers - Brandon