Livewell Wiring

basspro1886

Seaman Apprentice
Okay I had some help with this during my Aerator issue, and you all came through like champs. The aerator works awesome. Now I am need of help with my Livewell pumps. It is one 2 position toggle switch that either provides power to the port or starboard side to fill the livewell. I have the power wire from the pump running to the toggle switch. I am just not sure where to run the 12v power. If I attached either side of the pumps to the upper and lower side of the switch and the power wire to the middle, and turn power on the pump to which the toggle is set is constantly running. The only thing I could think of is get a 3 position switch and deal with it that way. Any suggestions?

Outsider

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Livewell Wiring

On-Off-On switch, pump power to each end, house power to the center ... ;)

basspro1886

Seaman Apprentice

Exactly. I just ordered a 3 position switch, and that is the only way I could think it would go. When I got this boat, it was a mess, and now I am almost complete with the rewire. Now I just have to wait for the weather to break, and it stop snowing. Then I can get the boat in the water, and test all the work out.

basspro1886

Seaman Apprentice

Just an update on this. Got the new switch in and wired it up. Works as advertised.