Bilge Pump

huckinfarley

Recruit
2001 Stingray 180LS, The bilge pump isn't working. The 2A fuse to ground off the pump was blown. I wrapped it in foil and replaced it and the 10A fuse under the dash blew when I turned the switch on. My question: Is the 2A inline fuse the right size and where is the strainer located just in case it is plugged?
Thanks

reddogg

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Bilge Pump

Check your connections, you may have a short. The strainer is usually built into the pump as the bottom of the pump. If you think it's cloged, take your water hose and run some water at hose preasure through the outlet. Here in Fl. the mud daubers love to make nests in the outlet and we have to flush them out from time to time. Also, why is there a fuse on the ground side?

Red

huckinfarley

Recruit
Re: Bilge Pump

Check your connections, you may have a short. The strainer is usually built into the pump as the bottom of the pump. If you think it's cloged, take your water hose and run some water at hose preasure through the outlet. Here in Fl. the mud daubers love to make nests in the outlet and we have to flush them out from time to time. Also, why is there a fuse on the ground side?

Red
Thanks for the input. I'll flush the bilge line and ck the connections on my next day off.