WARNING: Checkered Flag Marine WA. Stingray dealer

Vicster

Recruit
If you are considering buying from Checkered Flag Marine in Mount Vernon - RUN AWAY!!! I have had nothing but problems with them!!! They even went so far as accused me of doing something wrong to cover their own mistakes when they installed the wake board tower.

I winterized my boat before taking it to them to repair the gel coat. When I de-winterized the boat and started it up there was no anti-freeze in the engine. They had flushed it out. I believe it was done maliciously and with intent to do damage to the engine block during the freezing cold weather.

I really love my 195LX boat and will find another way to get it serviced, I am working with Stingray about this.

I have filled a Better Business grievance against them. As far as I am concerned I will never seek any service or help from "Checkered Flag Marine" Mnt Vernon WA. Again I tell you do not walk but run to a different dealer!!!!!

paultjohnson

Lieutenant Commander
Re: WARNING: Checkered Flag Marine WA. Stingray dealer

Cant comment on the wake board tower. But, most places dont put antifreeze in the block to winterize, and draining what you had put in, isnt gonna damage the boat. ???????????????????????????????

Vicster

Recruit
Re: WARNING: Checkered Flag Marine WA. Stingray dealer

Let me rephrase my statement;
I winterized my boat before taking it to them to repair the gel coat. When I de-winterized the boat and started it up there was no anti-freeze in the engine. They had flushed it out and left the engine filled with plain water. I believe it was done maliciously and with intent to do damage to the engine block during the freezing cold weather.