180RX Coming soon.

SeaHorse

Petty Officer 1st Class
I just ordered a Stingray 180RX that will come with a Tennessee single axle, folding tongue trailer. I know the length of the boat and the length of the trailer but I'm not sure of the overall combined length with the tongue folded and the stern drive swung to the side (min length). Does anybody have this combination and know the OAL? Thanks.

SeaHorse

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 180RX Coming soon.

It's 19'3" from prop to front where tongue swings. Just makes it in my garage with 2" to the door.

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Originally posted by SeaHorse:<br /> It's 19'3" from prop to front where tongue swings. Just makes it in my garage with 2" to the door.
Dang :( Could have gotten a bigger boat. :p <br /><br />Do they make an 18.02? :D

SeaHorse

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yup. Now comes the big fitting out. Thru hull fishfinder, gps, vhf, smarttabs, engine compartment dividers, canvas, covers, stereo, heater, you name it. Glad I ordered brakes on the trailer.<br /><br />I'm beginning to see how a $ 10, 500 boat can get to 20K pretty easily. <br /><br />I got the tabs on last night and might try them today.<br /><br />This thing moves out pretty good for 3 liter, I'm amazed.

phattrac

Recruit

Hello SeaHorse<br />I also just bought a 180RX. I'm very interest in on how you added the through hull Fishfinder, heater and engine compartment divider. Are you did these as a Do It Yourself or you have the proffessional did it? May I see pictures if you have sometimes? Thanks.

SeaHorse

Petty Officer 1st Class

Fishfinder is a Humminbird Matrix 15 (got a deal on it) it's kind of bulky and the stock base makes it sit too high under the left side of the steering wheel so I bought a 1.5" RAM mount so I can move it around but I think if I had to do it again I would get the Max style head (smaller). I also had to cobble up the stock mount by cutting it off and had to epoxy the aluminum 2x6 ram piece (cut down to 2x3) to the back. I sent in the cheesy transom transducer to them and they sent me back 1) an angled puck thru hull transducer and 2) a temperature probe to mount on the transom, all for free. The transducer even includes the epoxy to glue it down with. Make a dam around it and glue it down. It works great, much better than the sleezy, plastic bracket tranducers that you have to drill a hole in the transom for. <br /><br />The engine compartment dividers are made of 3/4 birch ply with an iron on edging on the top, stained, then spar varnished. The port side is 19" high, the starboard is 17.5 so they can lay flat in the down position. I made aluminum angle brackets with bolt and wingnut fasteners to attach them it to the seat back--better than the hook and catch setup they supply with the 185LS.<br /><br />The Sony CDX F50M cd/stereo is fabulous. Daylight readable black on white with lots of power. I installed big Infinity 6 x 9 speakers in heavy angled cases under the dashboards. It rumbles the whole boat without a subwoofer.<br /><br />Best addition was the Nauticus tabs 12x9 60#. You can order them (i got the blems) right here on Iboats. The boat can now plane at just over 9 mph and several mph are gained at the same engine speed. These things are worth their weight in gold.<br /><br />Heater is in the mail. I plan to mount it under the rear seat but run the heat tubes through the engine compartment then up front. <br /><br />I'll take some pics after the heater is in.

phattrac

Recruit

Great, thanks. I'm looking forward to the pictures. I'm going to make the divider this weekend. <br />This is my first boat so i'm cluelss about terms and functions. <br />I have to go back to the boat dealer today to look for the boat's manual. They only gave me the engine owner manual, not the boat. I'm trying to get a Stainless steel prop and use the stock prop as a spare and i don't know what prop to get. I don't even know what size and pitch the stock prop is.