Stingray Boats

brett169

Cadet
I am considering buying a 19-22 ft. bowrider. It's for lake use family skiing fishing etc. Any thoughts on Stingray or Bayliner boats?

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Stingray Boats

Go to the Top of This page that you're reading,+ Click on the Red Search button.......<br />You'll be Reading for Days with those names.....<br /><br />Of those 2, Stingray gets My Vote........... :)

mattttt25

Commander

my friend bought a new 220 ds stingray in '02. only problems he had was with the merc engine, which was covered under warranty. very nice value boat with lots of options and nice layout. he would have paid $15-20k more if he went with searay or others. i think he made a good choice.

KCook

Lieutenant Commander

For the complete novice, Bayliner is designed to be easy to get-in-and-go. Stingray is more trim sensitive. Whether that is a plus or minus depends on your expectations. I sure like the color choices with Stingray.<br /><br />Try to get test drives,<br />Kelly Cook

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral

Stingray over Bayliner.Then again,I would choose a bathtub over a bayliner unless it was the Trophy or the 55ft.Motoryacht.Charlie

wvit100

Chief Petty Officer

I own a '95 stingray 656zp, 350 ci, this boat is now the 220lx in their line. I haven't had any problems with it other than regular maintenance. It handles well, has lots of room, and has been a good boat. I don't plan on trading it anytime soon.

islandboat

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Not a Bayliner, however the Trophy is a good boat for the price. I've had several and would recomend the Trophy line over a Hydra Sport anyday.

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral

trophy175,the trophy I am referring to is indeed a model of Bayliner.There is one next to me in our marina.Trophy may also be a manufacturer as well.The name is coincidence.....I think :confused: Charlie

brett169

Cadet

From what I have read and seen it seems the Stingray is a boat that will hold up better than a Bayliner. The Bayliner is, however, deeper and wider. Since they both use a mercruiser engine and drive I guess thats equal. Besides items such as upholstery and other "trim items" is the Hull on a Stingray stronger? Top speed is not as important to me as ride. I have "heard" from others that a Stingray is more sensitive (thanks KCook) For just dragging my kids around the lake (6 and 3 yrs. old) can I go wrong with a Bayliner? Any reasons other than resale?

brett169

Cadet

OBTW, I prefer the fit, finish and features of the Stingray. But shoot all I do is go boat ridding and tubin with my family on Lake Allatoona in Georgia. Hardly a serious body of water. That damn Bayliner price is disgustingly attractive.

KCook

Lieutenant Commander

I would expect both Bayliner and Stingray to hold up Ok. If you order a Stingray you get more choices in how you doll it up. Don't overlook the trailer in the deal. On bargain packages it's very tempting for builders (or dealers) to put a skimpy trailer under the boat. To me a really nice trailer would be worth another $1000 or so.<br /><br />Bayliner designs vary more from model to model than with most other builders like Stingray. So some of us get to be picky about this Bayliner over that Bayliner. Spend some time getting a sense of how any particular model fits you before whipping out the check book.<br /><br />Here is another thread with Bayliner owners -<br /> WANTED: Past and present owners of late model 18' to 21' Bayliners <br /><br />Kelly