23' Steury Houseboat

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: 23' Steury Houseboat

Welcome to iboats!

I owned a Stuery years ago (wish I never sold it :( ).... they are rare and we do have a few folks here that own houseboats of assorted brands.

tangomike

Recruit

I've had a 1974 Steury for 13 years; it's a great boat for the Rideau Canal system here in eastern Ontario. My wife and I are seriously thinking of selling it this year. I've just retired and we'd like to travel across Canada for a couple summers. Of course, we've thought about selling it the last few years, and change our minds once it's in the water.

JCREED

Recruit

Just purchased a 1979 23' Steury Houseboat. I am trying to find a copy of an Owners Manual.

The boat is a 1979 T523HB.

Has a 306 V-8 Mercruiser and Stern Drive. 228 HP with just over 200 Hours on it. The previous owner spent over $2500 geting the boat ready to sell. The boat has been handed around this one Family for all these years. It stood in a Slip on Lake Mojave in Nevada from 1995 until Dec of 2008. Has Calcium on the Hull and Stern Drive. Mostly cosmetic items which can be corrected.

The motor and stern drive have been gone thru by an excellent Marine mechanic in Searchlight, NV. New trim sensor kit, Shift cable kit, Main boot and Shift cable boot. The engine has been gone thru and all the filters have been changed as well as new spark plugs and all wiring checked out. The interior is in very good condition as the boat was primarily used as a weekend Cabin in the slip as the owner really did not know how to run the boat on the Lake!!!

I trailerd the boat from NV to OK in a two day period with no major problems for 1200 miles. It is now in the shop to have the hull redone.

I did Sea Trial it on Lake Mojave for about 2 1/2 hours and it performed
very well.

I live in Iowa and love these boats but am considering selling my 1972 23' Steury Houseboat with I/O Merc. She's sitting on her trailer in my yard. The interior has been gutted to the studs and she's ready for the remodel. (The fun part!) I just can't find time with my new job. She's listed for $6,900. Here's a link to my Craigslist ad: http://desmoines.craigslist.org/boa/4002113139.html
--Aaron (319-631-4098)

Last edited:

river_guide

Cadet

You might want to post some pictures, or if you have it listed on Craigslist or EBay, include a link. Some people post videos of boats for sale on YouTube also.

Last edited: