A funny thing happened today.......

tgp***

Senior Chief Petty Officer
The wife and daughter got home from dance competition in Travers City this afternoon. The wife says did you see the boat down the road for it looks like your kinda boats. You should go look.

So I came home with this...

The hull is in nice shape. 1967 Jupiter (no title but the guy said he'd send me the registration card, I hope). Crappy trailer, a Sport Four Evinrude (doubtful at this point), 50 old hornets nests, rotted transom and floor. Garbage man will be pleased with me this week.

Decker83

Commander
Great find.. Really like the horns and spot light..
It's just awesome to have such understanding wife's..:D

jbcurt00

Staff member
Great grab

I like the vented windshield.

Congrats

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
So your wife drives around looking for your next boat? May I borrow her? :lol:

The Jup looks pretty good. It might be a case of pic looks better than in person, but still! The windshield appears clear, too.

You owe the Admiral something nice. :D

dozerII

Admiral
Gotta love it when the Admiral is enabling your MBS, great find.

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
My wife knows better than to give me a heads up like that! Nice funny thing to happen for sure.

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
Sweet! and it's all there...down to the Jetson's stern light! :saturn: the bow hardware appears to be in great condition as well! :thumb:

tgp***

Just checked the model number on that old Evinrude. It appears I have a 1965 60 hp Sport Four. Model # 605530 Serial # E01246. The head is a beast for 60 hp and the lower seems small compared to my 65 hp Merc. Looks to be destined for Craigslist though. Did well with one from the Nassau (75 hp). Glad its off the boat.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Super nice find! I'm really happy for the ole Jupiter having found the right home and all. :thumb:

tgp***

3 evenings and wa' la'. (The wife said move my new lawn ornament from the front of the house:D). Another dozen wasp nests too this time w/ live wasps!

Last edited:

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
3 evenings and wa' la'. (The wife said move my new lawn ornament from the front of the house:D). Another dozen wasp nests too this time w/ live wasps!

ha...I have a COLLECTION of aluminum starcrafts that look just like this...stripped and set aside ha ha .....nice clean platforms for future projects!!!!!

bob

Decker83

Commander
You have a great start going.. Just keep the wasp gear handy and keep the lawn ornament around back..:laser:

tgp***

Hull inspection today. Ya' gotta like pressure washer's. Did a quick wash down after pulling the wood transom. Tough bugger, swollen w/ water resisted removal at first, but was persuaded to exit the hull.

Best hull yet. Rivets seem tight, no pitting on the bottom. Transom has some extra holes to fix, but over all very pleased.

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
Looks like the admiral found you a winner!!!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
A few paint scratches, but she appears dent free. Other that the stinging hitch hikers, the Admiral picked out a nice Jupiter. Yep - Your kinda boat. :thumb: :D

Cloudrnnr

Petty Officer 2nd Class
You gotta love a woman like that! I just need more pictures of that windshield vent. Looks perfect for cutting out the crack in the 14' Holiday's windshield.

tgp***

Cloudrnnr, here's your pic's of the windshield vent.

Last edited: