I have returned... with a Starcraft this time!

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Talked it over with my wife this evening, showed her the options list for the KF bird logo and we've decided to go with Option 1 at first. I'll cut a blank slab and have her paint everything on the blank. We'll test with a wood piece first to get an idea of how it'll look before committing to the metal. Who knows, as a solid slab, it may look clunky compared to the individualized letters. We're gonna find out! ;)

I worked for a couple more hours cleaning the jaggies from the master picture. Time consuming, painstaking work but it should be worth it in the end. Still not done. Got the letters finished but the bird portion is even more difficult and slow. But I'll continue to chug along... :p

We were going to wash the KF and get it back up on the trailer this afternoon but we got some rain from hurricane Michael. That's supposed to be even heavier tomorrow so it could be a few more days before the KF touches rollers again. :rolleyes:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Looking great on the logos, so how much for those small ones you made? I need a set of logos for my little SeaFarer. :D

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Looking great on the logos, so how much for those small ones you made? I need a set of logos for my little SeaFarer. :D

Hahaha! You mean the ones that you absolutely convinced me to use on the KF trailer? :D

I'm definitely going to install them on that one. :nod:

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Spent more hours last night removing jaggies from the master KF bird logo picture. So tedious, pain-staking and time consuming! :rolleyes:

About 95% done now. Will try to get it finished this evening. Then I can print it out to make the test blank.

DLNorth

Chief Petty Officer
Did you explore having a printer print it on backing, such that only the printed portion goes on the boat?

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Did you explore having a printer print it on backing, such that only the printed portion goes on the boat?
Oh sure, now ya tell me! :lol:

Just kidding... :tongue:

To answer the question, no I didn't check into that option. It's been my plan for a very long time to cut aluminum for the logo and lettering. I wanted something different besides a decal. Customized. Ya know? :)

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Last night I finally got all the jaggies off the master print file for the KF bird logo. Whew! :wacko:

This evening we printed out the new logo and the boy glued it to a piece of 3/32" balsa wood that I had left over from my RC flying days.

Then I cut it out with the scroll saw. Cutting through that balsa was a whole lot quicker than cutting aluminum! :lol:

Click image for larger version  Name:	3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	485.9 KB ID:	10667573

The 3/32" thickness is definitely proper!
Click image for larger version  Name:	4.jpg Views:	1 Size:	541.5 KB ID:	10667577

It just looks "right" on there.
Click image for larger version  Name:	6.jpg Views:	1 Size:	373.7 KB ID:	10667575

Helped my buddy pick up his new freebie 2-man tree stand today. We're gonna give it a good all round cleanup then paint it with the leftover camo paint that I had with my tree stand.

I got the okay from my wife to return to the woods myself, as long as I'm not alone! Now to borrow a rifle... sold my neat one back in 2012. Haven't been hunting since then. :blue:

2.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    318.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    541.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    877.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Watermann

Nice work on the logos, it's cool to have a nice logo made up that nobody else has out there.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Nice work on the logos, it's cool to have a nice logo made up that nobody else has out there.

Unique. Uhhh... yeah, that's me all right! :lol:

I'm hoping that I'll be able to do some more letter cutting tomorrow. Still not done with the big stuff. And it will all need cleaning and smoothing, etc.

This is how the new aluminum blank will look once cut. I need my wife to do her paint technique testing on the wood version first though. Just to be sure doncha know. ;)
3.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    691.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    881.6 KB · Views: 0

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Finally finished cutting the letter blanks today.

I'm booked up with doc stuff for the next 2 days but I'm hoping to get the letters cleaned up and ready for paint after all the appointments are behind me. Again. :rolleyes:

1.jpg

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    402.3 KB · Views: 0

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Current status...

Just hanging around waiting on tractor parts while the GT3000 uses up all the boat space.

2.jpg

My young neighbor showed up while I was "working' on the tractor by myself this morning. He asked what I was doing... in the tone of voice that an adult uses when spotting a young child nervously trying to tie his own shoes. Or a beat up old man working on something by himself. Busted. :eek: :lol:

I heard him muttering something about "old guys" under his breath as he set to work. And 5 minutes after he arrived he had the deck off and the tractor suspended from the garage ceiling. Five minutes after that he had the steering components removed and on the floor. As expected, the steering bushings were bad. Parts not available locally so I had to order them online. They'll be here in 2 days. Availability of my buddy in 2 days... unknown. He said something about taking his 6 month old son to a pumpkin fest or something. :D

1.jpg

Meanwhile, with the deck off I can flip it and sharpen the mower blades. Maybe by myself? :rolleyes: :facepalm:

Then I suppose I can start working on sanding and cleaning up the logo letters and whatnot. The garage is a complete disaster and will need a major cleanup as well. :nod:

I'll keep busy but it won't feel like much progress. :grumpy:

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
I did flip the mower deck today and immediately decided that I'll skip trying to sharpen the blades. They've been sandblasted down to the nubbins! :eek: :lol:

1.jpg

2.jpg

So I'll leave the deck off until next spring and just concentrate on doing box-blade and other tractor type work with the GT3000.

Spent time with the family today but have a couple days open for KF work starting tomorrow. Then more doc stuff. :facepalm:

The weather is a bit cooler so I should be able to get started on the letter sanding and whatnot. :)

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
If these young guys would only figure out, us old guys do things for a reason, notice who jacked it up and tore it apart?

:D

There are indeed things that you only learn over time!

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
I'm in the hospital again guys. :mad-new:

It's only been 6 months since the last time. I guess I was overdue. :rant:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Get well soon

You know the hospital doesnt have frequent patient promotions......

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
I'm alive! :D

Comes as a surprise to everyone! :lol:

I am so sick of hearing phrases like "Life Threatening Emergency!"

And "Get to the ER immediately!"

:wacko:

I'm still an inpatient and will be for 4 more days.

Came in for a routine follow-up CT chest scan 2 days ago and it went okay. Then the radiologist took a look while I was on my way home. When I got there I had forty-eleven bazillion messages from the hospital and my local doc telling me to get to the ER ASAP. Oh goody.

The CT showed that I have Pneumoperitoneum which means "free air" in the abdomen. Bad news. Scary. :eek:

So I was admitted and put through the usual wringer. But this time NO FOOD or anything to drink until they could figure out what to do. And I'd already been fasting prior to the CT scan. Haven't had anything to eat for over 2 days but at least I'm losing weight! :biggrin-new:

Surgeons came in and started talking about cutting 10 feet of my guts out. :faint2:

But after 2 more CT scans over the last 2 days and treatment with antibiotics, my condition is improving. And I didn't feel bad in the first place! Only after being denied food and water for a couple days was I hurting and feeling miserable. :rolleyes:

Back to my old self this morning though! If I was home I'd be working on the boat. :p

However, I'm going to be here getting pumped full of IV antibiotics for a few days. If I continue improving I'll be sent home after that and continue with pills.

Meanwhile, last night I was allowed to start a liquid diet. Man, I have never been so glad to see Jello! :pound:

Feeling better this morning, so I set up my Command & Control Center here on my bedside table. Feeling pretty froggy! :frog:

Thanks again for checking in on me! :)

Last edited:

Watermann

Although miserable to be around and invasive, sometimes doctors know what their doing. I'm pretty blessed with good heath but I go in for check ups every 6 months and a physical every year so nothing sneaks up.

Try not to watch depressing things on TV like the news. :lol: