Here we go with the 16ss

SigSaurP229

Commander
Re: Here we go with the 16ss

JESUS I just paid 20.04 for four freaking bolts and $8.95 for one Woodruff Key

jbcurt00

Staff member

hmm, $20 for 4 boat windshield hold down bolts VS windshield less boat & bugs in the Admiral's teeth.... Hmm..... What to do, what to do??? :rolleyes:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

If those are the right W/S hold downs> Sig?

SigSaurP229

Commander

They are.

Still hoping it sells just not going to be disappointed if it doesnt sell quick

Problem is im just rapidly running out of funds for this project and i just exceeded the budget

Last edited:

GA_Boater

If you still need them, give me a PM.

GA_Boater

OK Sig. I have a couple from my plexi original W/S that fell to the ground and turned into a poor walk thru. :eek:

SigSaurP229

Commander

Grrrr thx ga i appreciate the offer i wouldve taken you up on it but it didnt hurt to support the sponsor.

Murphy stopped by today my freshly painted cowling bubbled up over night ive got no idea why.

Steering is a wrap. Started finish work on th trailer. Waiting on the woodruff key to hang and rig the motor. Trailer should be wrapped tomorrow the problem is when you think you are down to the short list things keep getting added

Last edited:

SigSaurP229

Commander

The other problem is ive been working on boats for a year and a half now and have yet to splash one ive been working on and I am seriously jonesing to do so. Ive decided next weekend come hell or high water this boat is going in Douglas Lake and I am going for a boat ride. I really dont care if it catches on fire and sinks. I really want to hear the drone of a two stroke on plane, smell the oil burning at idle, and feel that bow rise just as she goes over the hump hits plane and takes off. I guess what I am saying is i am tired of working on boats and just want to enjoy one. Ive kind of had an obsession with these Starcraft tin boats and I have never even driven one.

Last edited:

barato2

Commander

i can sympathize. ten boats, and i have to do my offshore fishing from the 12' portabote. so many project vehicles filling up my ample shop space that i have to change my oil on my bike in the driveway. (are we seeing a pattern here?:facepalm:)

didn't see your post on the W/S tiedowns in time, but i suspect you could make some from SS eyebolts, bent to proper angle in a vise.

SigSaurP229

Commander

I am sure it could be done but for speed sake I just ordered them, and I figured it wouldn't hurt to throw Iboats some money its been a little while since I've done it.

Checklist on page 14 updated.

Last edited:

SigSaurP229

Commander
Last edited:

budski

Lieutenant Commander

OB's looking great Sig looks like you're almost ready to go on this one.

SigSaurP229

Commander

Because you know someday's there is only 1 tool for the job.

anyways on with the real stuff. The hardest part of the day was going through the Pile O' Bolts the previous owner of the engine was nice enough to leave me, to put the lower housing back together it has basically been dangling free it took two hours but I finally got her together.

anybody happen to notice where the motor is sitting now? :) She is now bolted in.

We have a little problem though I can't install the lower unit until I get the new flywheel key so I am kind of in hurry up and wait mode on that aspect.

anybody happen to know any tricks or tips to fix this mess?

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Because you know someday's there is only 1 tool for the job.

anybody happen to notice where the motor is sitting now? :)

anybody happen to know any tricks or tips to fix this mess?

It's gonna be alright now because you're using my favorite tool. :happy: The trusty BFH!

Hey - Ya got her hangin'. All that's left is stuffin' the lower up there!

I usually sweep the dust and junk under a rug. But I don't see a rug. :eek:

Wait a minute, you want to unfold the lip on the the trim. If you start bending it, it will break. An idea, I don't know how well it will work, but try annealing the AL. That softens it and hopefully you can re-form the lip. Here a forum thread from Practical Machinist on the "how-to": annealing aluminum sheet , help Be gentle and work slowly after annealing.

jbcurt00

Staff member

barato2

Commander

in fairness to the guy, it IS just a big jon boat. i can see why he might want something a little more seaworthy. not that i;'m sure most bass boats would qualify, tho....most of the ones i see look like they'd swamp in a 12" chop