I got another Starcraft, SF 14 LW

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: I got another Starcraft, SF 14 LW

Why I'll be..... That's good news! Hope someone gets it for receiving stolen property. Are motors titled in MI?

barato2

Commander

it might or might not get charged as a felony, depending on the value of motor....in most states, the felony/misdemeanor break point is around $1500. there's also the aspect that it was taken from the boat, which in many states would turn it into some form of burglary. not sure about MI but will check if i have a few minutes.

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander

Got it back! Detective dropped it off on Friday. Apparently I did have it locked, cause the tips of the handles are broke off. Other than that, it looks pretty much the same, sans serial numbers of course....

I thought It'd take more than one day to get it back from the cops. I'm pretty fortunate to have gotten it back at all.

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member

sweet

Congrats

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

That's awesome man!

Now you can sell er off to help fund that new one!

Course, the serial numbers scratched off and the explanation that goes with it, the would be buyer will be giving you the fish eye:shocked:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Why would a dealer buy a small outboard with removed serial numbers and obvious theft damage? And then put it on CL. You were lucky a friend saw the ad. But still - If I was a cop, I would check their inventory. Oh well, you got it back and that's the important thing.

InMotion

Commander

Glad to hear you got it back man! As they say what goes around comes around... they'll get their due!!!

J.

barato2

Commander

yeah, i'm with GA here....i'd be pretty leery of that dealer's biz practices.

i just gave my pal Murphy a descrip of your thief. i'm sure his life will get worse soon........:lol:

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020

Great Stuff DJ!

that dealer sounds like a shady cat :hat:

Do you plan on keeping the storied motor?? The motor clamps can be replaced and a police report can help explain the tampered nameplate if you decide to sell it :)

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander

Well the little Starcraft sold tonight with the new Merc on it. Three boats is one too many. Made a couple bucks though!

Still have the "stolen" motor. Going to hang on to it. It will be a nice kicker for the big boat when it's done. I did really like this boat though...oh well.

barato2

Commander

wellllll, let's not be making no broad statements about how many boats is too many. we'd all hate for the respective Admirals to read that and quote those words back at us......"Even your psycho tinhead bretheren say you have too many boats....!!"