Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
If I were lucky enough to win a big jackpot, the Admiral can do what she wants - Like go to the opera. :eek: She would still drag me along because I want to spend my half before she spends for me. LOL

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Hey Os did you notice that sweet little Holly is also a V5?

00h0h_k6NbHgVPccm_600x450.jpg

64osby

Admiral
H2O, Why yes I did. :)

Not a lot of info in the ad or from the owner.

Was just going to look in the brochures to see if a year might pop out. Figure out pour in foam and all the other stuff,

Edit - Looks like a '79 perhaps, swoop and color.

Last edited:

GA_Boater

64 - Your Admiral is desperately dialing 1-800-BAD-DRUG right now. :D

From a distant photo, that looks like a decent Holiday.

64osby

Admiral
Going to go look tomorrow. Guy says it is trashed, needs new tires. It was left behind by a friend, but he has a title for it. :confused:

Trying to think if hiding it in plain site will work? Might have to consider selling a boat or a couple trailers.

Last edited:

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
Going to go look tomorrow. Guy says it is trashed, needs new tires. It was left behind by a friend, but he has a title for it. :confused:

Trying to think if hiding it in plain site will work? Might have to consider selling a boat or a couple trailers.

or just take your licks

81j2ShLxooL._SX522_.jpg

Good luck! :lol:

dozerII

Admiral
^^ I'm with Classic, just stand up and take your lumps, remember the old saying it's easier to seek forgiveness than permission:D

64osby

Admiral
Hey is that a Griswold #10 fry pan. Can I have it. It might be worth close to $100 if it has the right mark. :D

It might leave a mark too. :eek:

GA_Boater

You're gonna have the right mark alright, 64. :lol:

Can you buy some cheap Camo paint on the way home? If the Admiral isn't paying real close attention, that is. :rolleyes.

Hope you get a deal on the Holiday. :thumb:

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Has anyone else thought this..... "If I won the lottery, Id send the admiral off on auto pilot, and drive the country buying every good deal I saw, build a hanger man cave all time, and sniff paint stripper and gluvit next to the kegerator while working on unlimited projects at all times while a personal chef keeps the snacks comming and the unusually good looking bartender keeps the frosted mugs comming? Ofcourse with a little responsibility mixed in?

Did I just type that out loud? :eek:

Nope, no one has ever thought that.

I did have a slightly different thought though. No Kegerator, just a service bar with whiskey, vodka, and coffee.
Chef and bartender were both exceptionally good looking.
And there were 2 assistants who did all the real work on the boats.

coostv

Petty Officer 1st Class

Just drag it up to Cedar Springs and leave it at my place, behind my shop is the perfect hiding place, the Mrs. has no idea what is back there anyway.

Man, that looks like a deal even if it is "thrashed". I find "thrashed" means different things to people who cannot or will not do the work themselves.

64osby

Admiral
Grabbed my son and went to take a look.

About 50 rivets that I saw have been replaced with pop rivets and sealed with silicone. Keel has been sealed with silicone.

Tires are shot. Trailer is very rusty.

Double decked. Hard to tell if the "new" side panels and "new" floor are PT.

Paint is very worn. Carpet is trash. One transom corner missing. Plastic panel above gunwale is cracked in one place that I saw.

Mouse diggings has made a huge pile of Styrofoam above the floor at the transom.

The Johnson is a 1974 115 hp that when the cover was pulled of it reeked of mouse and was covered with crap. Control has been partially disassembled. Unknown if it runs.

HIN plate has been removed and the CG plate is mostly unreadable.

Last registration tag is 2009, seller stated it was a 1978.

$400 would bring it home but with everything going on in life right now it is too much work to consider.

Have a few pics if anyone is interested.

GA_Boater

Well - That saved a skillet clonk.

I guess he was right when he said it was trashed.

oldhaven

Chief Petty Officer
Great price for an 18ftr, even if its got the WLOD, as long as it isn't chewed up from improper care after ocean use.

That's bigger than an 18 Starchief, more likely a Chieftain with the bigger cabin

Ron