Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Starcraft on clist!

I'm 100% sure he was smokin' crack when he priced it.

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

I presume they are docking lights????

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

Only if you all agree to support my wife and grand kids, and come visit me as i would be somewhere else .LOl Thanks for the suggestion.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Kinda off topic but,,,,,, still thinking on the 26' nightmare:eek: for those with info on the 470 motor stop by the I/O section and check my school me thread http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=437977 any info would be appreciated. THANKS RICK

To be sure I am no pro, not even close. I have never owned or ran a 470 in my life either. However I have read enough to know that if you bought that boat you likely would have a very interesting looking anchor sitting in your bilge. At best.

If you are looking for a rig that already has a driveline in it ready for action, keep looking. If you don't mind replacing the driveline than this might be a candidate (still a bit pricey for me though).

All the best man!

Edit: "Anchor" is too harsh. You could always part it out to poor souls who already own a 470.

magnumdeke

Chief Petty Officer

Edit: "Anchor" is too harsh. You could always part it out to poor souls who already own a 470.
Ya was thinking that, no way I will pay price asked still working on deal,

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

i think the main issues with the 470 are a poor charging system and inadequate cooling. Plus it's an aluminum head on an iron block (or something like that) which means when it inevitably overheats you're guaranteed to blow a head gasket. There are retrofits for the problem areas but they are expensive. Some people actually like them as they have great power for a 4 cyl. However our main I/O gurus on here recommend to avoid them completely. Not sure how easily they are swapped out for something else. At least it's not a Stringer drive with a giant hole in the transom.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Way more than just a 14' rowboat...

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/boa/1948985076.html

I know BD was looking for a 14 footer, Mike was to (though I have no idea why, Islanders are at least 19).

I really like it, maybe I am looking for a 14 footer???:D

What do you dudes think might be the max hp you could put on the back of that rig?

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Way more than just a 14' rowboat...

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/boa/1948985076.html

I know BD was looking for a 14 footer, Mike was to (though I have no idea why, Islanders are at least 19).

I really like it, maybe I am looking for a 14 footer???:D

What do you dudes think might be the max hp you could put on the back of that rig?

That looks like a gutted Jet or sumthin...so I think a 35-50 would be perfect with controls..or a 25 hp if left tiller

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

That looks like a gutted Jet or sumthin...so I think a 35-50 would be perfect with controls..or a 25 hp if left tiller

Yah, maybe with a nice beefy transom and a handful of knee braces a 50 would be sweet!:D