My 22' Starcraft SuperSport V5 (yes, pics)

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander
Re: My 22' Starcraft SuperSport V5 (yes, pics)

Pretty sure the boat is all original (no conversion) as I bought it from the original owner. He said the boat originally had an inline 6 Merc O/B on it. The starcraft brochures show the transom on the 22' different than the 18'ers.
Going by the brochures the V5 hull came out in 1978. I have found the 22' V5 SS in the '78 & '79 brochures but the 22' V5 SS disappears in the 1980 brochure. I am lead to belive my boat was only produced 2 years. When I get home I will take a picture of the ID tag. I believe it reads (in no particular order) 1979 V5 Starcraft 22' O/B. The other thing I noticed is the 22' dash is much plainer than the dash on the 18' or on the Holidays. I have not come across another 22' V5 SS or Holiday in tha past few months of searching the internet until Jim Chuck posted in this thread. I hope he will post some pictures.

Huron Angler

Admiral

iboats member Ozzgood2001 has a '76 22' SS hull, I'm not sure if it's the V5 hull or not, couldn't find a picture of the bottom hull in his thread.

I think you're about right on the years of availability. The '79 brochure has the most detailed info on these hulls that I've found. I just wish they had made a V5 16 footer, that would be sweet:D

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander

From the '78 brochure:

7811.jpg

The bottom left shows my transom style:

7819.jpg

This from the '79 brochure shows the same transom on the 22' V5 Holiday:

3934733642_4f65ba7bc8_z.jpg

..and like I said, I haven't been able to find much info (or pictures of actual boats) on these V5's other than the brochures we have here on iboats. If anyone comes across anything please let me know.

fshngho

Lieutenant

Dj. would you please post more pics of the transom? Side view and all. I swear it looks like the motor is extended from the transom with a "lip" at the bottom.

fshngho

Lieutenant

Sorry, looked again with my glasses on this time. Darn, thats the first time I've been wrong all year;)

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

Are the entries being And some restricted to restored only or will it include some of the radical and modified interiors??? And some hull modifications???