Post a pic of your starcraft!

66Holiday924

Chief Petty Officer
Hello, New to forum... This may be my Starcraft, looking to buy, but the owner can't tell me the model. He says the year is 1962. Can anyone identify it? Thank you...

It looks like a 16' Holiday to me, but unless the windshield isn't original, it looks like a later 60's model.

Jeff W.

Recruit
Thanks 66Holiday924... The windshield doesn't look correct to me, but... I'll know more Sunday. The seller is asking $500, worth it?

Jeff W.

Recruit
The brochure is a great help, thanks Watermann... Based on the oval cutouts in the gunwales, looking like a Stardust to me.

66Holiday924

Chief Petty Officer
Thanks 66Holiday924... The windshield doesn't look correct to me, but... I'll know more Sunday. The seller is asking $500, worth it?

It's hard to tell from those pictures but looking at the brochure I think it is a 62 with a replaced windshield. Print the brochure and take it with you to try to identify it.

Whether it's worth $500 depends on a whole lot. Look at how well that windshield fits. I wouldn't buy it if it doesn't seem to fit right because it will be a PITA to find a windshield for it and you can find another Starcraft for $500 in that condition with the correct windshield.

This isn't a good thread to have this conversation though. You should start your own topic thread.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Ah yeah the mid 60s vibe with some newer power :thumb:

fetch

yekratsb

Recruit
New to boat ownership and the forum, so I'm at the beginning stages of discovery. Engine Model, Boat series, and any information I can get my hands on. Known Details - 1986 Starcraft CSS 161 Mercruiser 3.0 140 HP Alpha One. Last in water at the end of summer 2017, was running and winterized. Previous owner had aspiration of restoring, but enjoys Kayaking more and abandoned efforts. As the family was renting a boat and having fun on the waterways of Lake of the Ozarks, I accidentally bid on this and won it. :facepalm:

This is my boat...
Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	2 Size:	268.7 KB ID:	10765032

This is my Fun...
Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	198.4 KB ID:	10765033

Last edited:

Watermann

Sporty little glass SC, I like it but oh man you have some work to do on her.

Moto_boat

Cadet
Very nice! Did you do all the work getting the old Nova looking new again?

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/forums.iboats.com\/filedata\/fetch?photoid=10765572"**[/IMG2]

thanks for the compliment!

I did not do the work. Fortunately she was in this condition when I bought her. I'd like to redo the carpet this winter to a lighter gray color. It's currently a red/black carpet.

I was actually shopping for a bass boat when I stumbled upon the Nova. Fell in love with the classic lines instantly! Such a timeless looking boat.

Reactions: RUN

El Gaffer

Seaman Apprentice
Thank you, the hull is great but floor and transom were really rotted. I have a new transom glued up and a floor mocked up. Its going to get a offshore bracket and a outboard. The bracket is laying in my backyard and the 1985 Johnson 150 is at work. Here is a pic of my floor.

Attachments

• photo317608.png
    photo317608.png
    850.6 KB · Views: 24

Watermann

Are you going to cover that DP with a coating of some kind?

If not...

Add some non-stick spray and you'll be able to fry up shore lunch. :lol:

El Gaffer

Seaman Apprentice
Yeah. Im going to add some non slip mat in some spots. My buddy sprays line-x so I thought about that route too. You have any ideas? I did score a convertible style top. I should start a new thread but I broke my phone that had alot of the tear out pics on itšŸ˜ž

Watermann

Thing with AL is the surface prep, I believe you'd need to fist self etch prime or similar prior to applying anything, even bed liner.