Need a dash panel

El Gaffer

Seaman Apprentice
Do I trashed my dash panel when I gutted my boat since it was cracked. I wish I wouldn't have. Does anyone know a nice replacement one that is a close fit from another boat? MOD EDITED My boat is a 77 ss
Not any boat junk yards in KC that I know of.
I really like the angled ones and don't want to make my own.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
What model of SS do you have, most 70's had a flat wood type dash panel with the V5 models like my 79 SS below being plastic formed.

y4mHm4CRhWdvmr4CW_g7Nodqae4vuposgaHqagvl4oh_mK_kiJVAHCfjOYGdPmxOcW64a4qp-liLG_0KpFbFcPnokYs4el-CoPqe9lCRGoeVb3Cza6DswhN3wO5GY9WFYZVRdB3GhK6D4p4g53wgm73qXY2FAYR_PP_sWcjFgGzkUzTHvXCxbYrF3uuxpwVFd6hI45T-hRW0MJSs85yzqQW1Q

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
make one..... plenty of info on fiberglass in the stickies....

El Gaffer

Seaman Apprentice
Mine had a plastic one like yours just a tad different. It was cracked and at the time I thought I'd just get a different one. Now I wish I would have repaired it.

El Gaffer

Seaman Apprentice
I basically took it to the shop the day I bought it and stripped her down to bare hull to leak test. I rushed that part a bit. Oh well.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Yeah mine was cracked too, I plastic welded the cracks, sanded lightly and painted it. The reason they cracked so easy is because they didn't have a brace. I fabbed up an AL brace that attaches to the rotary helm and the console front panel.