Aluminum v. fiberglass Topics in Starcraft forum

yekratsb

Recruit
As I'm lurking around the forums and specifically the Starcraft forum, I'm noticing that many of them are Aluminum boat oriented and there seems to be a lack of topics specifically in the Starcraft section where folks are talking about their fiberglass boats, rebuilds, restores, fixing, etc... Or maybe I just haven't searched enough

This essentially sums it up:

https://forums.iboats.com/forum/owners-groups-by-manufacturer/s/starcraft-boats/10558559-1986-starcraft-css-181b-potential-purchase?p=10559122#post10559122

Is it best to not stay so manufacturer specific in my searches and just look in the fiberglass forums? Where are all the Starcraft Fiberglass owners with their rebuilds and restores.

Forgive me as I'm a NOOB here just feeling my way around as I start to tear this thing down and ask myself what the heck I got myself into.

ShoestringMariner

Lieutenant Commander
My interest is in aluminum models as I’m restoring one myself. Not sure why that topic was closed. It looked like a nice boat, and I was hoping to see the thread evolve. But maybe there’s a rule somewhere.

Decker83

Commander
Welcome to the forums.:welcome:

You will find all of the information you need in the
This is where all the fiberglass boat info is.. I was working on a deck boat in this forum until I became a tin head.
There are a lot of great gentlemen to help you..

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
My interest is in aluminum models as I’m restoring one myself. Not sure why that topic was closed. It looked like a nice boat, and I was hoping to see the thread evolve. But maybe there’s a rule somewhere.

It was a revived old thread and not revived by the OP.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Looks like you have been given a thread of your own on this topic yekratsb

Glass SC boats normally are done in the general resto forum since we here are pretty much 100% tinny lovers.