Fleet addition, 1977 V5 Islander V220

budski

Lieutenant Commander
Nice find Rob looks like you got your work cut out for a while

chuckndiscs

Petty Officer 1st Class
Nice addition Waterman! I love the V5 - still working on a deal for one.

Additional thought - We have all seen that tow vehicle pulling so many boats home and around to the ramps that I dont think you can ever get rid of it! I mean, what would a Waterman boat be if it didnt have a peak of that tow vehicle in it!?

Maybe a restore to original on the truck is forthcoming?

GRATS!

- Chuck

DirtyHarry83

Petty Officer 1st Class
That's a hell of a lot of boat. I look forward to seeing the build.

I think if I ever got one of those as a project, I'd look into a way to make it into a center console design. I am sure it would require some clever engineering to stiffen gunnels etc.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Thanks for stopping by gents :yo:

I put the Islander under cover for now while I finish my other projects at hand.

y4meKUu9WcE_bNgK8wulFDnvu_igPb-Hss_xoIonhERhWoeKDgP8FGNdK12kN04kRdvlwgjGuiivTi51y70w9JoRuAhJoXQ4Suqu8AYW836agPAXx70WINdDTt-CrPMeRauxbTf_NOOKlYT2GMFFTNaDpaV1r3h6xW-C1IO6yCW5PATuW4wGZ53YKZlWIeMB6WRy74r_ba3EQakQ9aZidwglg

The belly tank in the old rotten glasser is a bust, it seems in good enough shape it's just the wrong size, short, fat and only 20 gal. Wrote in marker on the tank it says 1985 Chris Craft, yeah... no it was in a bottom of the line scow. :lol:

y4mLjINP8YexBWXeJ31UcTAl2bX9Dm8qaDeS5zz1cPNvPU86XNVFj2FJnnDZdeAjwvVn9XUXcSKUihGLbSqEvO2zHKRoQESDPwiNilbt1WbI2AJq1pxv3AMhNwwD6U9XqZOHNblQv_yuU0V7YCxHn14odPQWLvFAkaJyIiZA6aOeAgWltS659J2rNJcUCrywgd5tkgXv0wkMJbJb7ez4kLe-g

Brackett221

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Nice score WM. I still feel the pain of having another boat in the yard. The admiral still not happy my glasser part boats are still in the yard. Nice score on it being an outboard. Seems most of those types around here are I/O. I understand it's down lower on the project list, but what is the vision for this boat? Another words what did ya have to say to the admiral?(LOL) "It's better for when you go to the coast" or " It just has more room than the Chief" or It's a better overnight boat"??? Asking for a friend... Lol.:D

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Plans are to make it into a big water fishing and troller that would double as a cruiser. Really wanting to get into exploring Lake Roosevelt and fishing for the sturgeon in the 100+ mile long lake.

Brackett221

Petty Officer 3rd Class
:encouragement: I knew there was a sweet plan! I can't wait to see what all you do with it!

oldrem

Commander
Hope you don't mind me tagging along on this one Rob. Looks like a great project.

DirtyHarry83

Petty Officer 1st Class
Plans are to make it into a big water fishing and troller that would double as a cruiser. Really wanting to get into exploring Lake Roosevelt and fishing for the sturgeon in the 100+ mile long lake.

Definitely the right size and type of boat for that kind of fishing.

My Dad had a King Viper (Parker) that we'd use for the north east salt water spring/fall fishing. It's nice to have a cabin to get out of weather while waiting for the fish.

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
fashionably late to the party...Congrats on the monster Sturgeon hauler!! :madgrin: