First Time Boat Owner

Cyclehiker

Recruit
Just bought my first fishing boat. A 1982 16’ Starcraft. New to boats and really to fishing as have gone fishing 1/2 dozen times in past 10 years. This boat was owned by my brother who has been a lifelong fisherman. What I know is based on those trips with him and memories of fishing with our grandfather decades ago. Looking forward to the adventure and taking/teaching my 3 grandsons fishing memories. Once I figure out posting I'll upload a photo.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Welcome aboard, and to the Starmada! :wave:

Pulled this one from your book.

IMG_2324.JPG

Monmouth00

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Welcome!

What are your plans for it? Are you going to do any work to her, or just enjoy fishing with it?

baldwibr

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Welcome!! Looks like the exterior is in great shape. Looking forward to what you’ll do with it.

bogee

Seaman
Hey, welcome! Just brought my first boat in 30 yrs home. It's a basket case. I'm right there with you on the grand kids. Have 2 grandaughters 10 and 11 who like fishing. Can't wait to get my ole tub ready for next summer! Going to be a long winter working on her!

Last edited:

Cyclehiker

Recruit
Thanks for the comments and encouragement. Must correct my initial post as it is a 1984 not an 1982 Starcraft which is in great shape. Really just need boating weather and time to explore it. Also to become comfortable with launching and loading the boat.