Starcraft runabout ID?

snal

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Trying to determine exactly what model this is, can anyone help?

Attachments

• photo302623.jpg
    photo302623.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Really? Is that the best you can do? Can't even tell if that's the bow or a transom corner.

Got better pics or link to an ad?

Aluminum or glass? Looks glassish.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
its like trying to identify a lake by a close-up of a drop of water on a bugs butt

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
You indicate it's Starcraft runabout. That pic makes it very hard to determine even that - post some more pics, plus what makes you say its a Starcraft runabout - that may help you get better help

snal

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Sorry, been trying to upload more pics but it's just not happening for some reason.

snal

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Boat measures just shy of 14 feet, there's no ID plate anywhere to be found. Appears that the transom wood was replaced at some point, which I think is where the ID plate would have been.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
any idea on length? is the serial number plate still in the boat? looks pre '72 so doubt there is a HIN

snal

Petty Officer 2nd Class
any idea on length? is the serial number plate still in the boat? looks pre '72 so doubt there is a HIN

Couldn't find a plate anywhere, I even dug through the debris inside the boat looking for it. Last registration was 1999 and it looks like it's been parked there that long. Small trees have grown up in front of it. I'm buying it, as soon as the owner finds the paperwork. He's a neighbor next to our SC lake place and he's never there. Asked him about the boat and he offered it up for $200. Best I can tell...there are no dents or issues at all in the hull. Top side has been repainted at some point.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
if you get paperwork with it, it will be a good buy at $200. without paperwork, dont even bother.

snal

Petty Officer 2nd Class
if you get paperwork with it, it will be a good buy at $200. without paperwork, dont even bother.

He has the paperwork, just a matter of finding it. Guy got divorced 5 years ago and everything is in storage.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
it may be worth it to buy the guy lunch, and take him to the local DMV/DNR etc office and spring for a replacement title for him to sign over.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Hey Larry welcome back, you should just go for it and save the old gal from the forest.