anyone have a 22ft V5.....

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
looking fopr someone who has their 22 ft V5 hull on a dual axle trailer with TORSION axles!..... I have a tandeem torsion trailer under my LOWE, and would like to do the same for my big Holiday...but i think there is a lot of deadrise on the front of that boat...... wondering what others have done to set their rig up.....

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I don't think which axles are under the frame make any difference with what's above the frame.

The setup is for the winch tower to fit the bow/bow eye.

Are you wanting to swap sprung axles out for torsion axles on an existing trailer?

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
i think it makes a huge difference.... the boat sits a LOT lower to the ground on a torsion axle trailer, and i think the crossmembers may be different, which is what the bunks will attach to.... I looked at the hug bunk boards i have and how they are attached to my torsion axle trailer with a dealer and he said you wont be able to put those types of mounts on your other trailer..... Im thinking my lowe 2070 sits about a foot or more lower than it used to on my older trailer.....

DLNorth

Chief Petty Officer
I would argue that the height a boat sits at is dependent on the design of the trailer frame and boat support, and not the axle/spring type. There are plenty of leaf spring trailers that have the boat ride very low, to the extent that the lower unit/motor better be up or it will drag on the road.

Dan