18' offshore remodel

sea-n-stars

Cadet
44033_zps746owwfb.jpeg

44034_zpsybnm41jm.jpeg

i've been lurking here but time to come out off the shadows...kinda like aa first step.
So i had my arm twisted by my buddy who owns a marina to undertake 1 more boat project. For the low price of $600 i got a 18' leaky hull with some assembly required.
fb_img_1518627836421_zpsmihuhmsn.jpg

sea-n-stars

Cadet
not digging photobucket.... any alternatives? not sure why 3rd party hosting is disabled???

sea-n-stars

Cadet

some of the things I need to address, corrosion hole luckily only 1 and previous owner bolt repairs.

sea-n-stars

Cadet
3/4" marine ply. I've been thinking about going with vinyl on top but now maybe using diamond plate??? then down the road I could go back in and add some structure to reinforce the dp and getting rid of the wood?

sea-n-stars

Cadet
now I'm redoing my trailer to fit the SC, make it easier on myself too

added another roller to my junk yard trailer.

sea-n-stars

Cadet
Off with the old clunker on with the new one

the bunks are drying and I hope to have them back on the trailer this weekend along with the boat!

jbcurt00

Staff member
Sea, please take time to read the other posts to your topic:
Read Photobuckets new user agreement, THEY are blocking your pix, not iboats

Upload pix to iboats directly

pix help
https://forums.iboats.com/forum/forum-rules-and-guidelines/10524592-photo-tutorial-dec-2017-update

As of now, NONE of your posted pix are viewable

Once you get and read this message, Flag any post in this topic, mine or yours, and ask that the topic be reopened.

Once its reopened, edit your earlier posts and insert new pix posted via a method shown in the link I posted earlier (and have now quoted)

You can also PM any Mod directly
and ask that it be reopened. But that might take longer.

Only closed this topic so you'll see this message and you wont have dozens and dozens of dead Photobucket pix to replace.

thanks
sorry about the pix posting problems and closing this topic. Its only closed temporarily

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
:welcome: to the Starmada :wave:

Looks like you've got a start on the offshore tear down and into trailer work now.

That transom has some really thick nasty corrosion stuck to it, so be sure you clean the AL inner skin really well to get that stuff off it. Fill the pitting and then prime/paint it for lasting protection. Maybe one of the worst I've seen well except for my Chief, it was that bad but twice the size.

FB_IMG_1518627783701_zpsdzkno2pa.jpg

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer
sea-n-stars nice looking project you have there. You'll get the pic posting thing worked out.

I use postimages.org and then paste the code between the img tags. Works well for me so far.

Following along on this one. Welcome Aboard!!

sea-n-stars

Cadet
thanks everyone! i'll give postimages a shot. I think the problem is the IE I have to use at work.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
IE has been giving many users grief when posting pics. I can't get it to work, but Firefox and Chrome can post pics. On a work computer you probably don't have to option to install either one. :blue:

And the Photobucket fiasco simply complicates the issue. Hope we can see some pics. :smile: