Returning member to the Starmada - 18' Supersport or Offshore?

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
I'm of not much help with the school bus type seating arrangements. My boats are designed around 2 people fishing or cruising with an occasional 3rd and they're on their own. :lol:

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer
I'm of not much help with the school bus type seating arrangements. My boats are designed around 2 people fishing or cruising with an occasional 3rd and they're on their own. :lol:

I doubt i will have more than 3 on my boat 90% of time. But I Would like to have the option if necessary and like the layouts off the new ones. Think I figured it out. I'll share more as we get there.

If everything goes well this weekend I'm aiming to have transom cut, drilled, sealed and nearly ready to go in. Wood will be on hand later today and foam ready after Coat it and final leak test prior to floor. Depending on BBT.

Big plans, small energy, high motivation. Halfway through Feb now. Seeing consistent temps forecasted in remainder of month and 60s in March.

66Holiday924

Chief Petty Officer
If you're not sure about heights for the seats, I would definitely find a way to measure the proper height for the driver seat. You don't want to buy something to tall or low. I would buy all the same seats if possible, to have the option of interchanging them, so any seat can be placed in any of the five floor mounts.

Pusher

Lieutenant
I thought about doing 4 seats in my runabout but like WM I was building for fishing. I planned mine around the maximum number of people I've had in the past (4) then considered how many was typical (2-3). As a compromise, I have two fixed seats and a third moveable aluminum-based seat. Any fourth occupant can use the fish cooler and trade with #3. It all depends on what your plan is, which makes it fun. :)

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer
Thanks again guys for the ideas. Went with a layout similar to this without the rear transom seat.

starcraft_fishmaster_196_fishing_boat_.png

got 4 of the same seats. Similar design to the blast offs. I took a photo from last year's trip on the lake and cut off 4 inches from previous pedestals which should put my line of sight right under the windshield. πŸ‘

I will upload pics then as I get to that stuff. Big Brown truck is way ahead of me. Picked up some fenders too to avoid scratching the fresh paint 😁

Transom and floor work to continue this weekend. Will upload pic as I make noteworthy progress.

Watermann

I really do like those blast off seats, after spending many hours in them trolling for walleye I definitely would recommend them.

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer
If you're not sure about heights for the seats, I would definitely find a way to measure the proper height for the driver seat. You don't want to buy something to tall or low. I would buy all the same seats if possible, to have the option of interchanging them, so any seat can be placed in any of the five floor mounts.

Agreed on the hot swappable. I looked at my pedestals from last year and took advice from local SC buddy ezmobee on height. Mine were definitely too high. I confirmed with a pic and measurements. Nice thing with these removable pedestals if I decide I want to make them higher or lower I can sell them and get different ones without completely redoing everything.

I did see something in a brand new bass Tracker that I never saw before. They're fold-down seats that turn into a complete deck not just like some of the aftermarket ones. I wanted to check them out for convenience features that I could add into mine. I definitely like the trim switch & 12volt outlet at the bow along with Trolling motor plug. It's crazy to me that these boats are tens of thousands of dollars and they come of the $200 fish finder.

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer
Mine were 13" pedestals and had my line of sight was over the windshield. It's all really a matter of preference because you don't have to pick yourself up off the ground but you don't want to be too high either.

here is the photo I used to compare.

FB_IMG_1512360385945.jpg

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer
Sunday night didnt get much done. Sealed up the extra holes in transom. My dog was really sick so i hung around and relaxed with him.

Ok Monday Funday. Spent time with my dad in the morning. He brought me some nice saw horses so I could start chopping wood. We went to the range. Nothing like some time with Pops. Time to get to work. Got transom cut and glued together dry fitted and trimmed. After glue cures ready to be drilled and sealed. Onto console and side panels. Got them cut. After that it was getting late so I called it a night.

20180219_204330.jpg

20180219_221507.jpg

orca-image-1519093975929.jpg_1519093976332.jpg

On to today: pulled old girl out of the garage to create a little bit more working area and heat up the hull. Weather was over 70 degrees today and I wanted to be able to use the coat it.
20180220_152145.jpg

cleaned up garage and used space to cut out floors. This is the old floor laid out in my spray shadow more for humor than anything and a linear layout for tracing.

20180220_130110.jpg

Such a nice day had to go to park for some fresh air and play time with little dude. Then came home and hit the coat-it. She's curing now. Supposed to be over 70 tomorrow. With any luck I'll leak test Wednesday and start cutting foam.for floor on Thursday.

orca-image-1519175965561.jpg_1519175965747.jpg

Watermann

Moving right long, my favorite part is when the hull is done and the deck goes in. That's when things really take off, gets fun and expensive!.

Out in the light of day will also help the paint too. The over spray, yeah :lol: I've been brow beat over the years about that in my garage. Don't have the outline of my boat on the floor though I should've done that on my Chief. :D

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer
Moving right long, my favorite part is when the hull is done and the deck goes in. That's when things really take off, gets fun and expensive!.

Out in the light of day will also help the paint too. The over spray, yeah :lol: I've been brow beat over the years about that in my garage. Don't have the outline of my boat on the floor though I should've done that on my Chief. :D

I'm hoping the expensive part is done. I've already got paint to finish topside and exposed interior. I got all the seating, noco charger, new plastic Moeller fuel tank and install kit, new spare tire, fenders, rigging for all cabling, new steering wheel, deck coating, wiring, bow trim switch, t nuts for floor, new remote control. Boy that thing is pretty. 😁

orca-image-1518920771641.jpg_1518920771841.jpg

I fished off a beater boat last year. New Year new boat πŸ˜†

66Holiday924

Chief Petty Officer
Nice progress! Looking good! That's a sharp looking remote. Are you doing Nautolex on the floor?

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer
After much contemplation I went ahead and order the Kiwi grip in grey. timfives used in his Islander. I saw it in person and felt like it would be easiest for me Not to screw up. knezzer used it on his top sides and it worked well. Pricewise about the same as vinyl from what I can tell.

Pusher

Lieutenant
I used kiwi on a polyresin floor (Not a good idea since the poly is waxed and swells a bit...causing the kiwi to seperate).
Plan on using more than the application says and do the important stuff first.
I'd also recommend you stay off the stuff for a number of days. I did mine on a cool fall evening and it seemed to be soft a day later. I always notice the chip in the texture when I get in now :)
​​​​​​Also make sure you have a roller coming for the texturing.

​​​​​​
I would probably do it again, but make sure you check your shoes for rocks for the first week before jumping in.

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer
I used kiwi on a polyresin floor (Not a good idea since the poly is waxed and swells a bit...causing the kiwi to seperate).
Plan on using more than the application says and do the important stuff first.
I'd also recommend you stay off the stuff for a number of days. I did mine on a cool fall evening and it seemed to be soft a day later. I always notice the chip in the texture when I get in now :)
​​​​​​Also make sure you have a roller coming for the texturing.

​​​​​​
I would probably do it again, but make sure you check your shoes for rocks for the first week before jumping in.

Think I'll Probably cure it in my garage with heater since it's gonna be cold and nasty here for a while. Once it's done ill stay out for a while. Got the 9" roller already and the 4" that comes with it. I'm moving along nicely this week but feel like it's a free for all.

So today I got spar on wood. 2 coats now and hoping to install transom this weekend. And floor this week.

wrote: if you want to fix to fix it right, join starmada @ URL for starcraft boats. 😎

20180221_131526.jpg

leak test done after coat it. Good To GoπŸ‘

20180221_161415.jpg

20180221_141214.jpg

20180221_141202.jpg

20180221_195837.jpg

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Excellent news on the leak test. Congrats! And the wood work is looking good too. :eagerness:

Pusher

Lieutenant
I think I did the entire floor with the 4" rolelr to save on the material and had it rolled out in no time.

You are making really fast progress!!!