Returning member to the Starmada - 18' Supersport or Offshore?

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer
And she's got color now. Surprisingly blue came out a little thinner and definitely needed 2 coats. I'm pleased with it. Gotta replace a few rollers before putting her back into the trailer though.

20180208_143816.jpg

20180208_143758.jpg

orca-image-1518111212516.jpg_1518111212664.jpg

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer
Thanks BWR1953 hoping to get woodworking / transom done next.

Then hit seams with Coat it and then paint topsides / inside of transom and maybe bow area since that will be exposed.

Another leak test before the floor goes in and then onward ho! I started typing that only realizing my list is still pretty long😝..

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
There ya go, good job! Once back on the trailer things can go pretty quickly after the deck is in.

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer
Thanks for checking on my rig guys. The rollers are out for delivery already 😁. Having a little bit of an issue with my heater I think it's grounding out and tripping the breaker I'll have to investigate this weekend.

I'm having visions about how I want to finish the interior:fish2:. I like the blast off seats Watermann used and I want to have 3 hatches up at the bow. 1 for batteries, 1 for storage and 1 for anchor storage. I liked the charger idea too. It was such a pain last year to charge my batteries. I had to do them individually. Now with a 3 bank I can just plug it in. I'm thinking seat layout like the new ones 4 removable pedestals in main deck and 1 in bow. That way I can leave seats at home for less passengers. Well I'm stuck at work for the weekend. Gotta get back to it.

Watermann

You'll have more room up in the bow than my V5 has, it's very skinny so 3 hatches will be fine where it would've made mine all hatches. Shoot I even went out and got me an offset seat post because it's so tight up there just to get me more leg room to use the bow mount TM pedal.

Don't mount the battery charger up front with the batteries, they recommend it being away from them due to the gasses so I put mine under the nav console.

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer
You'll have more room up in the bow than my V5 has, it's very skinny so 3 hatches will be fine where it would've made mine all hatches. Shoot I even went out and got me an offset seat post because it's so tight up there just to get me more leg room to use the bow mount TM pedal.

Don't mount the battery charger up front with the batteries, they recommend it being away from them due to the gasses so I put mine under the nav console.

Agreed. Your build in that area of batteries and charging is the model I'm going with.

I don't know if you could tell or if I said it before but my consoles were actually moved about a consoles length back so maybe 15 inch or so and it had a lot of room up front but Starcraft really like that weight balance up front so I'm repositioning them back to the factory spot. Undoubtably I'll still have plenty of room for three hatches.

knezzer

Petty Officer 1st Class
Some good progress ! keep that momentum going and you'll be there in no time. I remember thinking your boat looked a bit different in the early pictures. Now that you've said the consoles were moved I went back to look and ya that's what it was. Kinda looked cool though.

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer
Some good progress ! keep that momentum going and you'll be there in no time. I remember thinking your boat looked a bit different in the early pictures. Now that you've said the consoles were moved I went back to look and ya that's what it was. Kinda looked cool though.

Yeah I noticed some thing too when infirst bought it and couldn't put my finger on it until I compared it with my friends SuperSport. It'll be cool either way. Hopefully I'll still have enough room to stretch out with a sleeping bag when the bites are slow at night. 😎

got the roller job done tonight. This wasn't a tough job. However, after putting in 13 hours of the day job and going outside in the 40 degree weather and rain I feel as though it's an accomplishment. 40 is warm, relatively speaking 😂😂

Some buddies are helping me come flipper back over hopefully Monday night. Think I have my bill of materials about finished and I would like to think that my purchasing should be done by the end of Feb. But that's just build stuff and I'm sure I'll think of upgrades along the way.

Keep rolling!!!
20180210_211858.jpg

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer
Oh and FWIW, this rig was my first SC SS and a big inspiration for my current build she was a 79 16-footer. I thought I lost this picture forever but found it this morning.

FB_IMG_1518258156094.jpg

Watermann

Making all that extra boat part money :lol:

Nice looking 16' SS, they're the most prolific AL boat of all time, super popular and for good reason.

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer
SHSU thanks again for checking out my rig. Spring is coming and I'm not taking any prisoners!!!

right side up. Let's do this!!

20180212_194654.jpg

Watermann

Nice work, shes looking sweet upright with her new dress. :thumb:

Time to get with it putting her back together!

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer
Kind of stumped might be analysis paralysis but I'm trying to figure out the best seating options. I'm thinking 4 pedestals in the back and one in the bow. Not sure about heights, diameters, base sizes etc... I will probably mostly run 2 and 1 in bow but would like to have seating for 6.

Decker83

Commander
Lots of options,, Decision Decision.. :noidea:
Look at the selection of seat mounts that I-boats carries. May help with ideals. Put 2 of the seats in the back with removable post and seats. Then you can run the 2 behind the consoles solid and the others when you want to use them..
I will be facing that problem in the near future..