Returning member to the Starmada - 18' Supersport or Offshore?

Decker83

Commander
The deck is looking great.. You are moving along on this.. Splash day is coming..:D

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer
Thanks decker. I'm pleased with the deck at this point. See how it feels without shoes lol. I tried to find the 3/8" SS fasteners yesterday I was telling you about and Lowes and Ace didn't have them. Got the SS hex bolts in case I can't find screws. Really wanted screws. Don't remember last time I dropped 30 dollars for 30 pieces of metal. Except lead in 30 caliber. :cool:

Didn't get anything done on boat today. Did play with console dry fitting new wheel and helm and laying out dash. I don't really have a plan of attack right now. So much i can do. Gotta get rub rails cleaned up and put back on with bow cap. Got proper rivets for that today. Switch panel was not what I was expecting, I'll return it tomorrow. Once deck is cured assembling all interior pieces and building casting deck will be 1st priority. Might try tick n stick method. Idk. Figuring that or masking paper template should yield me a neat fitment.

Windshield alignment is what I'm looking forward to the least but really needs to be next on the list so i can build my console faces and casting deck. ALSO because my consoles are going back to factory location the old custom side panels aren't the best design. The starboard side went up from deck to gunnel for a spot to mount controls and had holes for wiring, & steering. Really should just be rectangles. Going to trim then up and spar before paint.....

All this talk isn't fixing my boat.... sleep to dream her. :sleeping:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
That sounds like some serious fun that lays ahead, your going to be ready to take right off once that deck cures.

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer
Watermann yesterday was a nice break to remind me to enjoy this experience. After some much needed rest and family time, I beleive I will find some time today to work on something, anything. I agree, the end is getting nearer everyday!

Any reccomendations on cleaning crud out of tilt tube to make new steering cable install even smoother? Last year it took quite the effort. I know there's some crud in there. I got a long bristle brush already I was planning on using to team up with some degreaser.

Watermann

I used a shotgun bore brush on a rod with some Superclean and worked that grease over pretty good.

Just doing the maintenance stuff on my boats now but it's fun and I look forward to it.

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer
A few update pics....

20180315_110533.jpg

seats installed

20180315_192752.jpg

gas tank installed

20180315_193500.jpg

Side panels drying

20180315_184621.jpg

LED bow light back on

20180315_184633.jpg

transducer ready for graph

Watermann

Gaining a head of steam now, lookin good for sure :joyous:

MNhunter1

Ensign
Slow down, you're making me look bad:) Seriously though, nice work and great progress! Those seats and that deck really start to make it look like a boat again. You'll be busting a wake in no time.

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer
Thanks guys. About to head home and hopefully get a little more accomplished.

MNhunter1 take your time man do it right. Who know's when you will get to do another one. I just have stuff piled up and gotsta get it MOVIN! I can't wait to do the bow area. Ordered more Kiwi, got the NOCO Gen3 going in + Extension plug, Trim Switch @ Bow brace and fixed TM plug.... a few more goodies...

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer
Been busy this weekend. Tonight I got some time and in to tomorrow. For fellow sportsman interested I have the opportunity to extend my hunting season. A friend just called and said he has some crop damage tags for his farm and to come over. I'm definitely going to try to get some more meat in the freezer. I love grilling up some venison steaks, curing jerky, or making a nice roast with gravy.:hungry:

But back to the boat...

Got consoles, windshield and front panels done last night. Need to spar, paint, and fasten and move on to casting deck. All hardware ordered I might need to pickup some angle alum. Going to be lurking the threads to design the support structure.

20180317_231936.jpg

20180317_224805.jpg

SHSU

Lieutenant Junior+Starmada Splash Of The Year 2019
Catching up on your thread and you are FLYING!!! Nice progress. What height post do you have on the bottom of your seats? I am planning to lower mine, and think I need the 6 inch posts. Even then toying around with raising my windshield/console up about 7 inches to cover me from wind when sitting. Plus it will help me sit comfortably under the seat. Being 6' 2", my knees hit the steering wheel when I sit down.

Watermann

Looking good Nick, so hey do you have the original bow deck support?

y4mzocwyej90meYIQFw0fTbTnxrZrfSbT_MKjjO5SGjGCkz3eQP9EUyQpZaf9fcFAa1LhFI9LoLjWmY2elKkszMXvo1OQ2Q1SuDY56EZORftKe81HvWUMApNuwaM1RNH39P_NhtG3l7qnGsHroWuB76QOq9zE24C-6rnaDDZ5leJl3epoeyNRtQb6CDHwbanZgnHJUcBdtd8H6CTo9jymY86w

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer
9 inch Pedestals seem pretty good but not too low. Thanks SHSU

Watermann yep.still have that piece. I laid it in there last night to get a visual on how I want to support the deck with angle alum. But got caught up in other smalls.

Watermann

About all I did was add angle to the faces of the console panels but my bow area looks small compared to what you've got there. Most guys with the 18' SS are able to add side hatches but no way I could, the V is so sharp that there isn't enough room to make it worth it. I got an offset pedestal post to give me some more leg room it so tight up there.

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer
Watermann yep. Getting there. Mine had the angle AL on console faces when I bought it. I will put that back and just do some simple reinforcements. Tempted on those Tempress hatches. They look sharp!

Got casting deck cut out and final coat of spar on console faces. They need paint and then I'll fasten them down along with dash panels which are just about ready. Then all the wood will be back in. 😁👍🏻

20180320_214526.jpg

20180320_223950.jpg

20180320_224030.jpg

66Holiday924

Chief Petty Officer
Just reading through and getting caught up on your build. Wow! Your boat is an awesome combination of great taste and craftsmanship. I can't believe how much you're getting done so quickly. I see a splash coming soon.

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer
Thanks for stopping by guys. Got about 8 inches of snow out there right now taking me from boat work but it's all good. I appreciate the kind words and motivation. As in mentioned earlier I'm learning a lot on this build. It's going to be a great experience to remember when I finally get my hands on a V5 :lol:

last night working on deck, I was getting pretty frustrated with the idea of scribing the sides but just patchworked some cardboard together and scribes the sides into the cardboard. Trimmed and voila. I was so close to hanging it up and just going inside. It wasn't going well. But I stuck it out. I compromised with myself. Template done =earn a beer break, wood cut and trimmed = earn a beer break lol

HAPPY Spring!

20180321_141833.jpg

Decker83

Commander
That's a real winter scene.. Don't have much of that in Texas..
I'm sure your ready for some spring weather with warmer temps..
Your sure doing some great work. You keep moving at lighting speed. :laser:
Looking forward to see how you finish her up.. I just don't want to blink, I may miss it...:D