1977 16ft SC Holiday re-do

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
I heard it a lot when I was living in Australia but that's about it.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
The younger generation has come up with an acronym for just about anything you can think of and as said by BRW, calling someone a "Mate" is very common in Australia and I heard it quite often while on a bear hunt in Nova Scotia a few years ago.

No-AH

Petty Officer 1st Class
Awesome work to be proud of for sure! :thumb:

It is super cool to have people at the launch recognize that the boat is old but looks brand new.

I've been thinking about a new 4 Stroke Merc too, but 12k for a 115 and no controls seems like a crazy high price. Then I turn the key and my old smooth running 140 Merc fires right off and gets my heavy SS to 45 .

Agreed. The price of these new 4 strokes are up there, but well worth it in my opinion. They're so economical, quiet and smooth running, especially at lower rpms is where they really shine compared to a 2 stroke.

Candutch

Chief Petty Officer
I'm a little late to the party. Congrats on the splash No-Ah! That is some outstanding work you did there, the boat looks fantastic. I really love the repower to, got me thinking that I may have to do that for my next project. Maybe when the kid is done university.

No-AH

Petty Officer 1st Class
I'm a little late to the party. Congrats on the splash No-Ah! That is some outstanding work you did there, the boat looks fantastic. I really love the repower to, got me thinking that I may have to do that for my next project. Maybe when the kid is done university.

Thanks for popping in Candutch and kind words. I'm super thrilled how the Holi SS performs with her makeover along with the new 4 stroke Merc. Nice pairing. It'll be well worth the wait.

No-AH

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hey all. I managed to get a pic after I installed the "bird" It's the Admirals name for it lol.... and on our last trip heading to her storage.
Admiral and I on a calm evening @ 4400 rpms against the current.....

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1220.jpg Views:	1 Size:	367.8 KB ID:	10692571

No-AH

Petty Officer 1st Class
Playing around with photo editing
before and after.....
BORED.....I MISS FISHING AND BOATING!!!!!
Click image for larger version  Name:	screenshot.png Views:	1 Size:	1.06 MB ID:	10695876

Last edited:

ShoestringMariner

Lieutenant Commander
Two pics from today....before the messy, fumes galore [cough cough] back buttering of 5200......woh it's wicked in the hangar tonite!

Digging this restomod thread! Can I ask what the aluminum overlays are for on both lower sides of the transom? Many of the earlier pics in the thread arent showing due to the photobucket scam/fiasco. Is that to cover heavy pitting?