The well traveled 1979 Starcraft 18' V5 SS

Renderwurx

Petty Officer 2nd Class
It's wierd how they single out a boat from the pack that way.

A guy in a boat gets "pulled over" by the game warden and is caught with an expired fire extinguisher.

The guy says "Man this isn't fair... look at all these other boats around me, surely they have violations too but you stop me to check."

The warden replies... "I see a lot of fishing poles. Do you go fishing a lot?"

The guy replies: "My wife seems to think I do. I guess I go as much as time allows."

"Ever catch all the fish?" says the game warden with a sly smile. "Neither do I."

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
The SS has been tested and checked off for bass both large and small mouth, walleye and now it's first panfish trip was a success. We went to a lake in my opinion the State's premier panfish lake that has bass, crappie, perch, blue gill and rainbow trout that I really don't like to eat or even target. Not a big lake but very nice to fish and the overcast day was cool but rain free.

80 or so fish brought home, dual wield electric fillet knifes on the new fish cleaning station made short work of the mess of fish.

y4mPoHKa8nUQS7VoE68DrSN3Jo_N7dswhWt1K6iUhHkjTZrE9zvul2E9z7SguMKX0yxop4OjBHiHhfIS2fxM4yuDiJPPGTIYcx0ytbRoVz2Uen9QXbWYzWlCYgyYRqUS5dhtmrvVCrBmssCmuW6EC4k800SFshxn_P-nXxpMr3CRyRwKdmmrLhTWBZCEB2cgNG9QyHrvukqXzbYsjVvLo1Wnw

Just can't seem to keep the bass off my line this year, fishing ultra light with 4Lb test and got this one.

y4mlnVkEYvp5KGj03I3n70toO3Zg9pd-Wg-EbSoch0BtA4PZ3kcIqYWag0DVNTvLFrLsu_a6XMz6WZKi-Sw6q3G-Nw-ZJpCSmduLuke6yBInNElkQqWQe3CRSAtYJ3zcpGBKsPSUJpleQAktXghtUbtVbMaJBNZMvIpZFHumOsQPrHG1UWQWYzG5RpGrMyg5QF-LGVw8naFSVoYk2XwnkCPLA

y4mZ4Pk-ahYeqSS2GGQiQ2Ro1UJ_XR3BdlaTuqpPf0qZA1wedRfCoZ2EyvNiGJOMAaIIz4ZTjtzW_B73WAK4-zIGq0FDqiO24MXF98v-Z592s28MjlKc0wJIm36hBsDHWjc6zVawMaLUJ4nhLR73E-xPeVUavM55OMyr1dlWUkzvsvnF2_AL7KhciNoKo46WCosiTpFyNKckCXMx45fDF3yoQ

y4mGcaDWw5BJESDEAUlHogVq4Eeyt_hQD0KQhjQoYM6ksgv8nCg3S3gQxWDYZ9Yx2Naf6uxaRY0RP3X6RpbdVjUV8CWiy2U51nKgf9TE8wJ8DsHt4s9pWqlJiYXG9ixaoBxgkqTvXus_pBQ_hLWGywMG15hwj1j6k9JbD3ScYkbSm8Tq4GKstevgqKy_gZsjukFWQE_UjfyE-uFMb2dZeffcQ

Last edited:

ab59

Ensign
Damn , you find some beautiful places to fish ! Looks like the bass were a bonus cause the ice chest full of perch and crappie was good all by themselves . Great pictures.

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer
I love hooking into fish on microlite or ultralight setups. Makes a 2-4# fish really fun to catch. Looks like a great time Rob!! What a nice mess of fish!!

Watermann

Thanks for checking in and taking a look fellas :yo:

Hmm what species is up next for the SS fishing boat as the summer heat turns up? :fish2:

Pcolafisher

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I don’t know how I missed your thread. Great restore and particularly the photo restoration. You’re going to shame me into starting the restoration of my 86 Islander. I’ll have a lot of trailer work as the left side tandem springs and link have failed. Thanks for the inspiration and Cheers!

Candutch

Chief Petty Officer
I've got a smoked trout recipe that will make you change your mind on eating trout. I'm not a fan of trout, char or salmon but once I smoke them with this recipe I can't get enough. It's more for eating on crackers or mixing with cream cheese or mayo like with tuna salad. I'll pm you the recipe if you are interested.

Watermann

Sure Rob, you could even post it here so others who trout fish can enjoy.

budski

Lieutenant Commander
Hi Rob was thinking of modifying that V5 Holiday to a open bow but I'm pretty sure the dashes are a little further forward so the center window is narrower we could do it but a little tight to get through, wondering how wide your V5 is between the consoles and how wide the center window is, would appreciate your input.
Thanks John

budski

Lieutenant Commander
Thanks Rob, according to the pic you sent I'm pretty sure the Holiday windshield is about 4 inches closer to the bow making the center windshield narrower

Watermann

The V5 SS consoles are several inches forward over the regular SS too, the center WS is a tight fit on mine too.

Watermann

I found a local deal on a rotten glasser that I just couldn't pass up. A very robust galvanized trailer under it and an oil injected 1995 Merc 115 with low use, the boat hadn't been used in 5 years so some carb cleaning will be in order.

The motor I believe will be a nice upgrade from the older inline 6 and the difference in HP will only be around 5 or 6 HP at the prop. Made the deal and will be picking it up next Saturday.

tata-trl2.jpg

tara-trl.jpg

Attachments

• tara-merc.jpg
    tara-merc.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 3
  • tara-merc2.jpg
    tara-merc2.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 3

ab59

Ensign
looks good to me is the V5 going to get engine and trailer ? You can just send me the swim step :biggrin1:.

Watermann

Yeah I'm really thinking about using the galvanized trailer and selling the "tetanus" trailer. I'd have to do a few things to the new trailer to get it where I want it. The new Merc is going on the SS and I'll strip down the good parts off the old glasser before it's last ride which includes a belly tank and of course the swim step that I won't need. ;)