1977 StarCraft 18' Super Sport Needs Rehab [SPLASHED 2017]

Old Irving

Petty Officer 2nd Class
The boat has been in the water a few times this late summer. After having the boat take up space in the garage all summer, the Admiral had to crack a smile her first time behind the wheel. My girls and their friends are loving it. Makes it all worth while.
admiral w girls.jpg girls on boat.jpg

Old Irving

Petty Officer 2nd Class
After a lot of work and some time out on the water, the boat has been put away. I will only claim the two aluminum boats in this photo.

boat with cover.jpg boats in barn.jpg

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
I'm there with ya on the tucking the boats in for the winter. Bitter sweet end of the season for boating but start of hunting season.

Looks like you got some good times in where it was warm, it's a boats job to make great memories!

Old Irving

Petty Officer 2nd Class
How do I get my restore on the 2017 Splash page? Not the prettiest girl at the dance but she is dry, fun and fast.

Old Irving

Petty Officer 2nd Class
This question may be more for the engines forum but I will try my luck here. I was on the Chicago River today and everything was going fine until my tilt / trim stopped working while I was under power. About half hour later I pulled up the pier at the dock and turned off the engine. I tried to start it again and nothing. I switched batteries and again nothing. Not even turning over. I came home and hooked up the charger and nothing, not even tilt / trim.

Could this be my solenoid or a fuse? I did not notice anything out of the ordinary when I was on the water. I will look at it tonight.

Thanks,
Bob

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Sounds like you have a bad connection somewhere, I would trace everything down and clean the connections on everything.

Old Irving

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I think posting on this group makes me smarter by osmosis. It was the inline fuse. The 5/8 inch 20 amp fuse was blown. Engine now turns over and tilt / trim work perfectly. I will be carrying around a few of these from now on.

By the way, those fuses are hard as hell to remove with out shattering them.
photo297216.jpg
Thanks,
Bob

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I think posting on this group makes me smarter by osmosis. It was the inline fuse. The 5/8 inch 20 amp fuse was blown. Engine now turns over and tilt / trim work perfectly. I will be carrying around a few of these from now on.

By the way, those fuses are hard as hell to remove with out shattering them.

Thanks,
Bob

Yes they are Bob, I just had to do that a couple of weeks ago on the motor! while in the water, I have a 20 pack of them on the boat all the time.

DLNorth

Chief Petty Officer
Good on you for finding that.

And, was that a Lyman sitting off to the side? if so, pretty boats.

Dan

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
I would still follow the advice to clean all connections, you really shouldn't be blowing out 20 amp fuses unless there's some increased resistance.

No-AH

Petty Officer 1st Class
Congrats M8! Those smiles says it all! Thanks for sharing your day with the mob!