is springbrok and springbok the same company

markk900

Seaman Apprentice
Re: is springbrok and springbok the same company

Thanks Aerocook! great shots.....your seats are newer and nicer than mine. Also, thanks for the hatch shots - Mine was removed and I can see a lot of space under there.

I had to replace my 75 triple with a 90 V4 (like yours) - I really like the 4 though we had an issue last weekend....

Mark

AEROCOOK

Master Chief Petty Officer

Thanks Aerocook! great shots.....your seats are newer and nicer than mine. Also, thanks for the hatch shots - Mine was removed and I can see a lot of space under there.

I had to replace my 75 triple with a 90 V4 (like yours) - I really like the 4 though we had an issue last weekend....

Mark

I just put the seats in this year, I ordered them over the phone from a place in the US. I wish I had ordered grey ones but at the time I couldnt recall the particular colour of my interior. Anyhow, my plan is to reupholster the rest of the interior to match the new seats, the boat is in great shape so I dont mind investing some money to keep it nice.
I hope you got your "Issue" from last weekend resolved.
BTW I hit 66 km/h running my 19 pitch prop on the boat and that was with 80 litres of fuel on board and a 110 lb kid.
I'm a big fan of the OMC V4 motors.

Steve.

markk900

Seaman Apprentice

Yeah, your boat looks very nice, though I am happy to say my interior is looking just about as good! Exterior not bad but much more faded.

Our issue needs mechanical help to resolve unfortunately: poor communication between different cottage users resulted in a 250:1 mixture in one tank.....pistons don't move so well with that level of lubrication. So far it was mild: boat still runs reasonably well but needs attention - my friendly local mechanic says we should run it for now but I am debating whether to pull it off now or in fall.....its the height of the season....

thanks again for the pictures - have a great summer on the water.

oh: we had hit 42mph (by GPS) with 2 people, full load of fuel, and reasonably still lake with the 90 a few weeks before "the incident".

mark

marapoint

Cadet

I realize it's a dated thread, but thought some of my fellow Ontario members would enjoy seeing a Pic of my new addition. The Decals are Princecraft/Springbok - 1993 vintage. Going to pull the floor and replace with new ply and carpet/seats and a livewell. Has a 70hp on the back and is in very good condition overall. The size of the Gas Tank blew me away @ 20 gallons.....oh well (I'll keep that hidden from my wife.....lol).
I'll prob get at it in the spring and will post some Pic's,
marapoint (aka bobby)
on the shores of Lake Simcoe

Picture.jpg

markk900

Seaman Apprentice

Sure looks nice! Have you had it out yet?

I still have to put mine away for the winter.....hopefully before it snows....

Mark

marapoint

Cadet

Hi Mark,
Thanks!
I did run it - but opted to start tearing it apart - Deck is out - actually the wood was not shot, but the carpet was. I just finished winterizing it, gonna tarp it over for the winter.
Hoping to start cutting the new deck next week - indoors - then add the carpet. I'll shoot some Pic's before and after - since its not a complete restoration I'll post them here.
The rest of the interior (minus the double seats - replacing with new Tempress seats) is in very good condition as the top and bow cover.
Overall it should look pretty nice when finished except for the paint along the sides - which I'll do next spring/summer.
I'm just off Simcoe, a mile from the Trent Canal Swing Bridge - where are you? Ice Fishing is fast approaching..............lol
If you Ice fish, perhaps we'll meet up - pm me,
bobby

markk900

Seaman Apprentice

I'd love to see the restoration pics as you progress - a job I am thinking about but am afraid to tackle at this point! I've been researching the painting situation and my biggest issue is how to get the boat out of the water long enough to do it (when I'm at the cottage I want to use it, when I am not the boat is still there).

We're up Minden way but grew up going to Simcoe....don't ice fish but love to winter cottage (nice and toasty while the ice fisherpeople are in their huts!).....

Glad to see people are still looking at this thread - getting info about old Springboks is difficult, but believe it or not there is another one almost exactly the same as mine on the same lake.....just one year earlier model.

marapoint

Cadet

Hi Mark
Here's a few Pic's of the tear down before I closed up for the winter. As I mention in an earlier post, I cut prep and carpet all the pieces in the basement - then in late March I'll move the boat into the garage and start putting it together.
You'll have to wait till then to see the finish.................lol
Enjoy the winter - I'll pm you if anything happens sooner,
bobby

The Harry B 005.jpg

The Harry B 006.jpg

The Harry B 008.jpg

The Harry B 016.jpg

The Harry B 022.jpg

marapoint

Cadet

Meant to mention - the Pics of the Bow area - The Bow will be re-decked - livewell in the centre - hatches to port and starboard sides for a) Battery comp to run pumps for livewell/MinKota b)pumps for livewell to provide easy access. 3rd hatch for either storage of anchor. 1 center Seat.

bobby