67 sportcraft restore questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

67sportcraft

Recruit
hello everyone I?m new to this forum but I just wanted to be part of this community everyone seems to be quite knowledgeable and I figured I could use the help but I bought a 1967 sport craft 19 foot boat with a 120hp Mercruiser I bought it 2 days ago the last time It was tagged was 2001 that goes for the boat and the trailer I put the battery on charge for a bit sprayed some carb cleaner down the carb hit the key and she purred like a kitten so I know I?m good in the engine department but my problem is the deck is rotted out and I want to replace the deck and wanted a few pointers from people that have already done it I want to know the cheapest way to do it but something that?s going to hold also the guy i bought it from bought a brand new $450 prop brand new and included it and a few odds and ends i have a grand total of about $450 in this boat as it sits ill write more but this forum is getting long i was gonna post pics but the file size is to big how else can i post pics? thank you for any responses and help

Jetdog

Recruit
Re: 67 sportcraft restore questions

I have just acquired a 1969 (I think) Sportcraft 19 myself. I have the Mercruiser 120 removed in order to replace some of the components (alternator, starter, rebuild carb). I likewise have the boat at local Mercruiser dealer to go through the lowerunit, cables, etc. while I am working on the engine. But I think I need to have the hull refinished (Gelcoat, paint) or something. Can you please send me a picture of your 67 Sportcraft as a comparison and network regarding my restoration? Likewise, is there anything I should take a look at regarding my engine at this time due to any poblems with your MCM 120? Thank you, jo.giles@shell.com

jbcurt00

Staff member
We have a 1998 sport-craft walk around 231. Looking for an owners manual. Anyone got any advice?

An owners manual isnt likely to provide anything but the most basic of info, little specific to your boat. They arent anything like auto owners manuals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.