1965 SportCraft needs new name plates

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmbucs1

Recruit
I have recently restored my family 1965 SportCraft which my uncle had restored in the mid 1970's. The name plates on the sides near the transom are not resuable as one crumbled and the other is warped. I tried to mold it a create new ones but the plate will not stay flat to take the molding agent no matter what I do. I am looking for some replacements. Any one out there have some they want to part with?

Thanks

Charles King

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 1965 SportCraft needs new name plates

Hello there,
I just bought a 1965 16ft Sportcraft project Fiberglass boat. It has the two nameplates you mention. I have not decided on restoring it yet, as it needs the floorboards "gutted" and other interior work. The hull seems sound, but I have not removed it from the trailer.
Center windshield broken. Thansom has been "worked on". Need to double check work.
Any assistance and advice you can offer on restoration will be appreciated. These are beautiful hulls!

Charles King

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 1965 SportCraft needs new name plates

Do you know where I may get Specs, pictures and any information on a 1965 16 ft Sportcraft?
Thanks

Chillin da most

Recruit
I got a copy of original spec sheet with a picture to come up when I googled sportcraft fiberglass go to sportcraft classic boat library

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.