Original 1988 Spectrum BlueFin Sales Catalog (Pictures)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustin099

Seaman Apprentice
I recently bought my 1988 Bluefin 1900 and the owner still had the original sales catalog. The catalog has every Bluefin made in 1988 and I'm sure they are similar to other mid-late 80's models. I took pictures of the catalog (41 in total) and uploaded them to photobucket. The sales catalog has info regarding length, capacity, weight along with various features and selling points.

The models listed are the 1950, 1900, 1700, 1709, 1606, 1609, 1509, 1500, 1300

Even if you don't have a BlueFin the catalog is cool look into advertising 25 years ago.

Link- http://s1088.photobucket.com/albums/i334/dustin099/

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Original 1988 Spectrum BlueFin Sales Catalog (Pictures)

Very nice. Could you come up with a friend, neighbor or anyone who can scan those in higher quality? I would like to make that a "sticky" post in out Spectrum boat section. http://forums.iboats.com/Spectrum

I made a copy of this thread and put it there ;) But higher quality would be great!!

puddle jumper

Captain

Thats cool I have been looking for information about my boat. My boat is a year newer but I am sure most of what is in that sales flier applies to my Spectrum. Thank for posting.

fleachili

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for posting that Dustin!!

I just bought a 19' 1989 Spectrum 1900.
Just started gutting it down to bare aluminum.

I am looking for the original windshield for it.
If anybody knows of one, please let me know; I've already checked Craigs w/ SearchTempest.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

If you haven't already fleachili, expand your search to any windshield of similar size. The fairly flat gunwales of our aluminum hulls should lend themselves well to accepting a variety of sized shields and still look good. Heck, I was able to replace a plexi windshield on my previous Starcraft with a totally different 3 piece glass shield from a 70's tri-hull and it came out awesome.

Before:
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w200/ezmobee/Boat Project/09.jpg

After:
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w200/ezmobee/Boat Project/boat2.jpg

fleachili

Seaman Apprentice

Trust me EZ, I've been looking everywhere.
And I've seen numerous ones that would work, but for some reason, I've got to have the "Original Look"
3me3o43l55O05Q65U2b7d50af0203a05e1a61.jpg

ps: I've been lurking here for a year, Your StarCraft SS Resto was awesome!!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Thanks! Ah yes, that is a pretty unique windshield. Ya know, some of the Bayliner Capris have some pretty racy looking shields that might be close!

fleachili

Seaman Apprentice

True about the Bayliners, I'm looking at those as well.
There's one near me that I might buy for $400 that has a similar shield and some gauges I might be able to incorporate.
It's a crappy hull, on a so-so trailer w/ a roasted outboard; but I have no want for another project :facepalm:
Part it and hope to Craigs it back to someone else....

You'd think here in MN, 10k lakes, there would be a marine salvage yard somewhere
If there is, I haven't found it yet

Blackacid

Seaman Apprentice

I've got a 1900 sportsman that I am looking at rebuilding at the end of the season. One of the things I am seriously considering, is removing the stock windshield and replacing it with some more like what you see on a Lund. If you PM you're details I can contact you if I do decide to part with it.

fleachili

Seaman Apprentice

I've got a 1900 sportsman that I am looking at rebuilding at the end of the season. One of the things I am seriously considering, is removing the stock windshield and replacing it with some more like what you see on a Lund. If you PM you're details I can contact you if I do decide to part with it.

Thanks!!
PM Sent

fleachili

Seaman Apprentice

trust me ez, i've been looking everywhere.
And i've seen numerous ones that would work, but for some reason, i've got to have the "original look"
3me3o43l55o05q65u2b7d50af0203a05e1a61.jpg

ps: I've been lurking here for a year, your starcraft ss resto was awesome!!

$%$

Last edited:

sppeeddy

Recruit

I recently bought my 1988 Bluefin 1900 and the owner still had the original sales catalog. The catalog has every Bluefin made in 1988 and I'm sure they are similar to other mid-late 80's models. I took pictures of the catalog (41 in total) and uploaded them to photobucket. The sales catalog has info regarding length, capacity, weight along with various features and selling points.

The models listed are the 1950, 1900, 1700, 1709, 1606, 1609, 1509, 1500, 1300

Even if you don't have a BlueFin the catalog is cool look into advertising 25 years ago.

Link- dustin099's's Library | Photobucket

:joyous::joyous::joyous::joyous::joyous: THANK YOU FOR POSTING THE PICTURES IT WAS PRETTY COOL TO SEE I WAS THE BLONDE MODEL OF THE COVER OF THIS SALES CATALOG AND IN MY OTHER PAGES TOO ..........THANKS AGAIN STEVE

Status
Not open for further replies.