Smokercraft Venture 2080

DC698

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi All,

Looking to see if anyone had any opinions/info on a 2001 20ft Smokercraft Venture 2080? I sold my last boat last October, now I'm on the hunt for a new used boat and found this one near me. I didnt see any posts on this forum for fiberglass Smokercrafts. Do they have a good track record for making good, strong fiberglass boats? It has the 4.3L Merc. engine. Is it true that Smokercraft bought Starcraft and Sylvan? I owned a 70's Starcraft boat, and it was great. Looking for some info on these boats if possible. Thanks in advance.

tedder

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Smokercraft Venture 2080

Does it actually say Smokercraft and not Vectra?

As to your question about Starcraft and Sylvan, check out the link below, its from the Smoker Craft site.

Sylvan, Smokercraft, Vectra and Sunchaser are all the same company.

https://www.costore.com/smokercraftinc/welcome.asp

I actually thought Brunswick made/owned Starcraft but they dont, they own almost everything else.

http://www.brunswick.com/brands/marine-boats/index.php

Cheers,
Cant wait for boating season, tired of the snow!!!!!!!!!!

DC698

Petty Officer 2nd Class

It's definately a Smokercraft, but I think the dealer got the actual name of the boat wrong in their listing. There is no "Ventura" listed on the NADA guide. I want to say it is the "Commando". Thanks for the links, I will check them out.

rschnack

Petty Officer 3rd Class

It's good to see some activity here. I have been to a website that shows the SmokerCraft Vectra boats. I did not know Smokercraft made fiberglass boats either. Sylan has made the "Viper" series fishing boats for several years. I wonder if they are made in the same place.
I think I will start a new thread in the boat discussion forum, asking about the relationship between Smokercraft, Sylvan and Starcraft. I remember them doing something together around 2000. It seemed as though they swapped some models between companies.

RCS

tedder

Seaman Apprentice

Did you buy the boat DC698??

DC698

Petty Officer 2nd Class

No not yet. I haven't had a chance to venture up north to take a look at it yet. (Been too busy at work). It's a 2 hour trip to get to the marina it is at, or about an hour from my cottage I have nearby. Also, I've been trying to do some homework online regarding the Smokercraft line of boats before I check it out. Plus, I'm still waiting for the warmer weather to come soon, to melt the lakes for a test drive!