New Slickcraft Owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

billinkansas

Cadet
Greetings Slickcrafters!

I just bought a 1972 Slickcraft SS-194 from the original owner in Junction City, KS. He bought it new at the factory. Boat has been garage kept since new, never seen salt water. Has the 165 Mercruiser inline 6 with 800 hrs. Original aluminum tandem trailer.

Transom soft in one area, so I will pull the engine and repair. Stringers solid as a rock. Engine and drive are in great shape, but drive will get refurbed, and engine will get fuel pump, carb rebuild, etc.

I am from Grand Rapids, near Slickcraft land (Holland, MI) and have always admired these boats. Very happy to have found a nice one!

Looking forward to it!

Last edited:

billinkansas

Cadet
Re: New Slickcraft Owner

2012-01-22_15-05-01_440edit.jpg

Slick Willie

Bought new EZ Loader closeout aluminum trailer, outdrive heading to All American Drive Service in Coldwater, MI for refurb. New Coosa Board transom going in this Spring.

kilowatts

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hi BinK:

That boat is about as good as it gets, eh? Good looking boat and with the 165 it will fly. The stringers are more than likely either teak or mahogany from that era so its more than likely they're fine. Research some of the rebuild areas on this forum for the transom and pick the one you like the best. Good luck:

kilowatts

billinkansas

Cadet

Thanks KWatts. I think she'll be a keeper. Just sent the drive to All American Drive Service in Michigan for rehab. OEM carb kit and new fuel pump going in soon.

billinkansas

Cadet

FINALLY have a chance to work on the transom. The top half is solid as new, so I will do a 7" wide lap joint to join new with the old. All routed and cleaned up waiting for 2 layers of Coosa composite board. A tough prep job to be sure, but I am confident that she's worth it.
2012-10-03_00-03-07_990.jpg

ksubuzz

Recruit
Hi BinK. Just wondering if you had anymore recent pics of the slickcraft. I put a lot of hours on that boat as you bought it from my dad. I always thought about fixing it up like you but I never had the time and had newer boats. Anyways I would love to see the progress you have made.

ksubuzz

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Hi BinK. Just wondering if you had anymore recent pics of the slickcraft. I put a lot of hours on that boat as you bought it from my dad. I always thought about fixing it up like you but I never had the time and had newer boats. Anyways I would love to see the progress you have made.

ksubuzz

He has not visited in a year, so I doubt you will be getting any new pics.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.