SS-235 with twin 4 cylinder Mercs

swede428

Cadet
I saw in a post here one of you have one. Does anybody have one with pictures of the rear of the interior of the boat. I was curious how much room is along the outside of the port and starboard engine. Can a person squeeze between the side and the motor cover to tend line and downrigger?? Any help will be appreciated

Swede428

cotton74

Recruit
Re: SS-235 with twin 4 cylinder Mercs

I have one, 1974. In mine, the engine housing extends all the way across the back on both sides, and actually makes a really comfy bed/sitting area. I am not sure if it is original, but under the cushions there are compartments on each side of the motors that are about 1' wide. 3' long and 2' deep that can store an incredible amount of stuff. If the compartments weren't there, you would have room to walk and work beside the engines. On mine, I simply slide up on the cushions on my knees to work lines, net fish, etc. I would rather have the sitting/sleeping space than the deck room.

I didn't think I had a picture handy, but here is one I took last weekend of the side of the boat that catches one side of the motor housing and cushion:

Attachments

• Boat Back.pdf
    254.3 KB · Views: 0

swede428

Cadet
Well, I have found and purchased a SS-235 with twin 4 Cylinder engines. I bought it from the original owner, and it has been kept inside since day one. It is a 1970 and has all original gauges. I need a intake manifold on the port engine, and to fix a rear main leak on the other. I am looking forward to the added security of having two motors, outdrives, fuel pumps, alternators, starter, when fishing on Lake Michigan. Any other twin engine SS-235