New owner of a 72 or 73 Slickcraft, SS195

Alpop1

Recruit
Hi everyone, I'm new to boating and a new owner of an SS195 either 1972 or 1973 Slickcraft. A buddy of mine convinced me this boat was worth restoring and over this past winter and spring we completely gutted the interior and replaced carpet, seats, and many instruments. Unfortunately I've also had to replace a bunch of assorted mechanical parts as well.

Can anyone share any info or web sites they may have on a boat of this model and era? Can anyone tell me what the fuel tank capacity might be?

Best Regards, Al

Saginaw Bay

Seaman
Re: New owner of a 72 or 73 Slickcraft, SS195

The Fuel tank is most likely a 50 gallon or a 55 gallon I cant remember.

Alpop1

Recruit

Hey Sagina Bay thanks for the reply. 55 gallon, no offense but impossible. The tank would be bigger than the bow of the boat. My guess was between 15-25 gallons. The reason I ask is that I am having a fuel tank issue and I may be replacing the tank (aluminum or polypro). Likely the best course of action is to just pull the tank. Thanks for trying!

As a related question, do you know where I can get factory specs and an owners manual for my boat? That's why I say it's a 1972 or 73. I can't seem to get confirmation on the year or any other specification detail.

Regards, Al

chachi_99

Recruit

I have roughly same boat...gas tank costs about 60.00 to fill ..should be 15-20 gallon tank....in floor type

my boat is in good condition for year...225 v6 with electric shift stringer drive....nice rough water boat

chachi_99

Recruit

By the way...has anyone done a hei changeover for 225 buick v6????
Is it better factory or the new aftermarket style
????

water world

Petty Officer 3rd Class

has 33 gallon tank bought one new in 1974. worked for slickcraft dealer at that time

jacura90

Recruit

i have one as well the stock tank is 21 gallons if you havent found out by now. i have a 350 ci 4 bolt main in mine. i built it for speed. the jet is bulletproof if you are careful. i have heard of some guys putting on a turbocharger on there six bangers for 400 hp. i guess the sky is the limit.

Rich Novak

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi everyone, I'm new to boating and a new owner of an SS195 either 1972 or 1973 Slickcraft. A buddy of mine convinced me this boat was worth restoring and over this past winter and spring we completely gutted the interior and replaced carpet, seats, and many instruments. Unfortunately I've also had to replace a bunch of assorted mechanical parts as well.

Can anyone share any info or web sites they may have on a boat of this model and era? Can anyone tell me what the fuel tank capacity might be?

Best Regards, Al

Hi, I have a 72 SS 195 took my tank out to clean it. (Wasn't run in 7yrs.). It is 35 gal. And it is original .
Hope that helps.
Rich

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Doubt it. Old thread and OP is long gone. Please don't reply to threads with no activity over 3 months. Thanks.