Slickcraft questions

tcreech

Seaman Apprentice
Hi all, I have a couple questions re: Slickcraft boats, specifically the SS 235.
1) the listed weight is 3160 lbs dry, does this seem accurate?
2) what top speeds have you observed? I realize there are numerous engine drive configurations, so please include engine & hp.

Thanks in advance,

TC

tpenfield

Staff member
Hi all, I have a couple questions re: Slickcraft boats, specifically the SS 235.
1) the listed weight is 3160 lbs dry, does this seem accurate?
2) what top speeds have you observed? I realize there are numerous engine drive configurations, so please include engine & hp.

Thanks in advance,

TC

Not sure how much traffic you will get in the Slickcraft owner's area. I do see 1 or 2 Slickcrafts in my area.

#1 - seems about right . . maybe a bit heavier.
#2 - I have only observed them at the dock and in the harbor. What sort of race are you entering?

Those are older boats, but a very reputable brand.

I found this quote on the Internet (so it must be true) :)

"My Slickcraft SS-235 @ 24' W/Chevy 350 weighs 3150, but is really #4500 and runs @ 30MPH"

Last edited:

tcreech

Seaman Apprentice
Haha! not racing, just want to know what kind of performance to expect.
Plus the walleye are 14 miles out this time of year!

thanks for the quick reply,

TC

tcreech

Seaman Apprentice
"My Slickcraft SS-235 @ 24' W/Chevy 350 weighs 3150, but is really #4500 and runs @ 30MPH"

I saw that too! I don't really know how to interpret it, tho. Does that mean that's his running weight (passengers, fuel, gear) or that the boat itself is really heavier? Who knows?

tpenfield

Staff member
I had a 24 foot Formula cuddy . . . it weighed in at about 4600 lbs. dry. Being so old, I wonder if the folks that collect data on boats did not have a good figure for the Slickcraft. 3100 lbs seems more like what a 19 footer would weigh.

Regardless of the actual weight, you have indication that the boat would go about 30 mph, which is not overly fast. Many of the current day 22-24 foots will do 50+ mph.