Sleek craft restoration

Astardriver

Recruit
Hello folks.

I am currently restoring a 1984 26' Ambassador and I am in need of a few items hoping that someone on here can help me out.

I need a windshield, both top bow windows, both bilge top vents, both Sleekcraft side emblems, and some advise.

As for the advise I was told that sleeks had a problem with the deck cracking in half due to no supporting bulkhead in the berth area. is there any truth to this or is it just hearsay?

I purchased the boat from a gentleman in Lake Havasu that was going to restore it as well. He stripped the boat of all its outside hardware. Luckily he left the out drive and interior intact. It is in great condition and after repairing a water pickup hole that had been drilled in the bottom I am ready to install a temporary engine just to see I she floats.

I have a second boat that I am concurrently restoring as well it is a 1979 Ranger daycruiser that I have owned for 22 years. The ranger needs the floors, transom, and stringers replaced before I can go any further and I bought the Sleek to keep me on the lake while I restored the Ranger.

I plan on restoring the Sleek completely once I have the Ranger done and once the Sleek is finished I plan to give the Ranger to my two children as it was the boat they grew up on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks fellow boaters.

kenaroo

Cadet
Re: Sleek craft restoration

Sorry for the late delay.. as I haven't been on for a while..
the plexiglass parts will need to be custom made.. there are no suppliers making them..
You might want to contact Finneys.com in havasu as he might have the old patterns for the sleekcraft boats.

I think the bilge top vents were pretty popular a should be able to be sourced.

the bulkhead is hearsay.. but... you need to check the stringers as many were only glassed on one side

good luck on your restorations and please post up pictures.