bought 92 skeeter 200dx, what thrust trolling motor do i need???????

Crazychris40

Cadet
hey guys im working all the bugs out on my 20 ft skeeter 92 200dx, i had to rewire the trolling motor electrical to get power to the motor, at full speed it is a crawl, i didnt even know evinrude made trolling motors lol. well neways ive been looking at the motorguide and minn kota brands there is a huge price jump from 50-70 lbs thrust will the 55 lbs thrust work?????? the boat weighs 1427 lbs

Tsr4ua

Recruit
Re: bought 92 skeeter 200dx, what thrust trolling motor do i need???????

hey guys im working all the bugs out on my 20 ft skeeter 92 200dx, i had to rewire the trolling motor electrical to get power to the motor, at full speed it is a crawl, i didnt even know evinrude made trolling motors lol. well neways ive been looking at the motorguide and minn kota brands there is a huge price jump from 50-70 lbs thrust will the 55 lbs thrust work?????? the boat weighs 1427 lbs

Mine is minn kota 101 lbs thrust on an 08 ZX225. It is a few hundred pounds heavier than yours. It pulls it quite well but there have been a few times when the wind was blowing that I needed the extra power. Go with the biggest one you can afford. If you are buying it from a dealer, some of them will let you buy the 55 and if it isn't strong enough they will let you exchange it for a larger one within so many days. Just something to think about.

TED