Classic Bel Aire

I obtained this boat from my boss whom purchaced a farm, in the barn was a boat and trailer intact but in need of alot TLC. He said you move it you may have it so I did, after some research I discovered I have a Silverline Bel Aire Daytona. It has a 110hp mercruiser inboard that appears to be all there (lower drive disassembled). I would like to restore this Silverline to as close to stock as possible.

My question is how do I proceed to leagally title and regester this boat I do not even know the exact year. Is there any serial # plates that would give me this info.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Classic Bel Aire

Try this Googling "XX boat registration" Replace XX with your state. Amazing what you will find if you look. All the state contact info will be there somewhere.

southkogs

Staff member
Re: Classic Bel Aire

Welcome aboard Belaire!

I took a look through a few brochures from the Classic Silverline site. Most likely you have a '68 or '69 - I can't see another year that they produced that boat. So, check those two brochures out on the site and see if that looks like what you have. That's gonna' mean you don't have a Hull ID stamped into the boat, and so ... you've got not much to go on.

Look at the capacity plate on the boat (if it has one, it'll normally be up by the helm). Sometimes they have a number stamped there, but don't count on it.

Depending on your state, you may have to deal with a salvage title (might have your boss write you a bill of sale, just to legitimize things). Here in TN, we actually don't title boats like a car. A bill of sale, pay sales tax and enjoy.