1977 Silverline Kodiak 17T 1976 Evinrude 115

noconazz

Recruit
8 months reading and following, first time posting.

Looked up a lot of info on previous boat maintenance for a 87 Phantom F/S with a 83 115hp Johnson.
Primarily minor issues and wiring, and knew the boat operation, lots of helpful tidbits from forum search.

This Silverline, I have little to go by and can't even get the engine down yet, PO was no help.

Anyhow, at first glance looked good , trailer rolled, and motor at least turned over by hand.

hehehh.... you prolly know the where i'm going with this. Seloc manual is on order, 12 day delivery i'm told.

I'll figure out how to post pics as soon as i can.

Noco

Attachments

• 77 Silverline Kodiak 17T.jpg
    77 Silverline Kodiak 17T.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 0

noconazz

Recruit
Re: 1977 Silverline Kodiak 17T 1976 Evinrude 115

Ok... i now know how to continue....

because i'm gonna ask questions soon as i figure out this forum methodology.

I will post in another category as to how to get motor down, and tilt motor testing.

I have done the search but nothing recent or similar.

Im posting the tilt motor wire and the tilt fill ports for practice, then will post in the proper category.

Once i get that motor down, check and see if the motor will start/ run, yank it, then proceed to learn floor repair. tilt wiring.jpgtilt reservoir.jpg

southkogs

Staff member

Welcome aboard noconazz. The hull looks nice for a fishing boat. Post some interior shots when you can.

There's an Evinrude/Johnson forum for the power T/T issue, and then post in the restoration forum for the floor. Pictures will help everyone out.

Good luck!

noconazz

Recruit

Thanks for the reply and advice, southkogs.

I can't jump on it, till i get title/registration issues resolved. I may end up posting in either the "Lessons Learned" or "Tell us about your biggest mistake" forum.

ehhhh if it can't take it...... it can't stay.

Noconazz

noconazz

Recruit

meanwhile... i'll practice pic uploading when i have access to the ol boat. When i come back to the Silverline forum.. i have to click to enlarge photo's. I like the ones that are already big.

I've got time till i will know if this project comes to fruition, December 5th is the first projected date decision.

noconazz