Started the 2011 Season a bit late ...

southkogs

Staff member
It took most of the summer to get out on the water. I had some outdrive problems, put the boat in the shop - it was in the shop for 6 weeks and came out more broke than it went in - plus a bunch of traveling I had to do this summer. Anyway, got most if it all fixed finally this week (big thanks to Howard Sterndrive, Superbenk & NWRedneck for all the advice and help) and put it on the lake.

Silverline_Front.jpg
Silverline_Back.jpg
First Mate sitting in - managed to purchase a new drive for this year. Got a pretty good buy on it.
Silverline_WOT.jpg
Friend of mine and his son helped do a bunch of work on it earlier this summer. They got first ride out (kinda' look serious with the sunglasses 'n all :D).

Still have a bunch of work to do, but at least we're back out. WOT got us about 30MPH according to the GPS. My tach is definitely not working - now that I've been able to run it hard I can tell ... it was registering 6000 RPM. Trim motor is a project for next year, so we weren't trimmed right either.

Felt good to be floatin'

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Started the 2011 Season a bit late ...

Congrats on getting her back on the water! Feels good don't it. Ya those stringer drives are different, I'm getting a Silverline soon to that has one but I'll run it till it breaks. That's a nice looking boat. Some teak oil on that swim deck would go a looooooong ways. But I think you have to do it every year.

jmw129

Petty Officer 1st Class

I agree. For being an older boat, it's in great shape. I'm sure this older style boat brings back good memories for you if you were a boater back in this boats early days.

I'm getting the impression based on several replies that maybe I would be better off with a mercuiser engine & outdrive.

southkogs

Staff member

I actually really like the layout of a trihull for inland boating. This one's nice too because the center sponson is a little deeper making it more of a cathedral hull for a slightly smoother ride. This one just has a little panache to it that suited me ... and I have a tendency toward the obscure anyway.

If you're not interested in spending time in the garage with it (and I spend almost 1/3 of my "boating" time working on my boat right now), then lean toward the Mercruiser 'fer sure.