New Silverline owner

macgyver69

Cadet
Well not "new" exactly - the boat that is - a 1976 Silverline Colmoro 16T. It is my first boat. BTW, I'm the one who suggested this thread. I can't believe there are so few Silverline owners out there - new or old. Jason, I read your site on ProjectSkankyBeast - very well done. It did however give me some reservations on what the condition of my boat would be though. :) <br /><br />Anyways, I truly hope we get some more Silverline people here, I would love to hear stories and share insights.<br /><br />MacGyver

JasonJ

Rear Admiral
Re: New Silverline owner

If you could post some pics, that would be cool. Your boat is probably very similar to mine. I am pretty sure the hull is the same (can't remember if the Comoro name was used on their V-hulls as well as their tri-hulls). The upper section is probably a bit different, they went through a style change at some point.<br /><br />If you go to the link below, he has some good info on our boat manufacturer.<br /><br />silverlineboats.org/<br />Referrals ok, direct linking not.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Looks good. If you havn't run your boat yet, you'll find that it rides considerably better than most tri-hulls.

Twidget

Commander

Good looking boat.<br /><br />I have a '67 DeVille outboard. It was pretty abused by the son of the previous owner. I am trying to update it as I go.

Twidget

Commander

Phil, try http://www.iboats.com/mall/propfinder/?session_id=294613365&cart_id=113058248null

Here is a picture of my boat.
Boat1.jpg

Merrill Smith

Recruit

I am also a fresh Silver Line owner but have a rather old boat. It is a 1968 DeVille 15 foot with the Renault R-15 engine 4 cyl. with the type 'O' Mercruiser Out drive. My trouble is that the shifter is a combination cable and hydrolics. The cable end works great but the hydro end is in bad need of the rubber cups on the pistons replaced. They are 1/2 inch diameter bore cylinders. If anyone has a source or would like to sell their repair kit, I will be interested. smithmountain

Corey64

Cadet

Hey i recently bought a 1982 Silverline Grenada 16GTL it has a 150 merc outboard on it. I have had a bit of trouble with the motor and the boat it self seems to take on alot of water when im out on the lake I cannot find a hole anywhere on the boat so I have no idea where the water is coming from but I will keep searching. Im glad to see there are at least a few silverline owners.

Have a good one

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Take the drain plug out, clean the brass sleeve with steel wool. Buy a new drain plug or clean the rubber thoroughly. Also, if the drainplug sleeve is loose, water will leak around it. If it is a screw in drain plug, check the threads, any damage will result in a leak. Another thing to check is the mounting bolts for the outboard, water can come through the lower bolts if they were not sealed correctly. This is a serious issue as transom rot can develop. Just look at the bolts from the inside while the boat is in the water to make sure no water is weeping through. Carefully inspect the bottom, especially if there are any repairs from a previous owner. I had a leak through a Marine Tex repair a previous owner did on my boat. Just a pinhole was enough to allow a gallon a day of water. I fixed that repair and have not had a drop leak in since, and I keep my boat in the water for the entire season.

Another possible route of entry is in the splashwell, if water is being kicked up in a wierd way and making it through one of the holes in the splashwell for the throttle/shift cables of the motor. Another, though less likely route of water is through the rubrail. that is an easy test, just spray the rubrail with a hose and see if water gets in. You might just need to let someone drive while you check things out.

Lastly, install a good bilgepump. Good luck....

Corey64

Cadet

hey thanks for the ideas. It isnt the drain plug I bought a new one and no water leaks Out of the boat through there when it out of the water. It cannot be the splash walll either since all those holes have been sealed with slilcon so it wouldnt allow enough water in to be causeing the leak i have. I have a bilge pump. But you mentioned the motor mounts. I think it is possible it is coming in through there but there is so many metal supports and stuff back there it is hard to even imagine where the leak could be back there. I will keep looking though thanks for the help.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

One thing to remember also is that you may not have water leak out of the point of entry when the boat is out of water. There is considerable water pressure when a boat is in the water. The boat is displacing its weight's worth of water when it is floating. I am bad at math, but you can imagine the pounds per square inch of water pressure against the hull when floating will be considerably higher than the weight of a few gallons of water against that same leak point. Sometimes water just does not come back out the leak point, so you can't discount possible entry points based on no water leaking out when on the trailer. Keep looking, you'll find it.

I haven't asked before, but is there any livewells or baitwells or anything like that? Do you have people coming in and out of the boat wet from swimming?

Corey64

Cadet

I do not have any live wells or baitwells but i do have people coming in wet from swimming,sking,etc

cmnthed

Recruit

hi....i have a 1977 19' silverline nantucket, have had the boat for over 20 years , has been an excellent boat, great for fishin and family fun

comoro 17T

Recruit

I have a Comoro 17T I/O 75 Model I believe. I am looking for a wiring diagram. Do you know where I can get one of these?
hi....i have a 1977 19' silverline nantucket, have had the boat for over 20 years , has been an excellent boat, great for fishin and family fun

Pudge7

Recruit

I am also a new Silverline Owner. I have a 75 Silverline Comoro SPL. with the I/O 165 Hp Mercruiser. I bought it from a guy as a "project boat" it was some project. It didn't run, and needed several wiring fixes. It was pieced together very rough. We have it running and wired and it was on the water for it's maiden voyage yesterday. All went well. But does anyone know what size gas tank they have?

roughhough0

Recruit

Hey everyone, i just got my hands on a 1963 Silverline Swift with everything original, and has been run less than ten times. Ive brought it out a most of those times just recently because the person who had it before me parked it in his garage, and babied it since it was brand new. anyone know about what this boat would be worth?

fly4fish

Cadet

Hello silverline boaters, I too have silverline. A 1977 nan 17' 140 hp merc outboard. Remodeling the whole thing. Willed to me by my granddad last year and cant wait to get her on the water. Redone everything on the motor (ouch) and keeping it as original as possible, with a few updates on color (orange is not the new blue) going with char carpet with new seats and im keeping all the orig wood, after sanding and oiling them dang they turned out beautiful. Silverline was well ahead of their times with their boats. I have pics on the silverline group on yahoo. Theirs more ppl out there with great silverlines.

vintage boat junky

Seaman Apprentice

Hey everyone, i just got my hands on a 1963 Silverline Swift with everything original, and has been run less than ten times. Ive brought it out a most of those times just recently because the person who had it before me parked it in his garage, and babied it since it was brand new. anyone know about what this boat would be worth?

Depends on the motor, trailer, etc. Got a pic of it? Mine's a 1964, and it's not worth that much despite a prestine motor & trailer - so don't get your hopes up.