Prop Tunnel Hulls

showman

Recruit
Okay, I am new to this forum. I am looking at getting either a 1872 or a 2072 Tunnel Hull (Prop) for fishing shallow water areas around Oyster Bars/Sand Bars inshore salt water and also for fishing shoal areas on the rivers and creeks around where I live (SW Georgia). I want a Center Console, will be powering it with an E-Tech (90 or 115 depending on which hull length I get), bow mount for trolling motor, flotation pods on the back, and possibly add a poling platform later.

My main question is: How difficult is the 2072 to push across Bars when there is barely enough water to float (bumping bottom). I got stuck with my semi V on a sandbar down on the coast last year and had to wait out the tide.

Another question: How much water does it take to get on plane with the 1872 or the 2072 Tunnel Hulls (assuming 2 fisher persons and gear, full fuel)?

When do the 2012 models and information come out? I may buy the hull and build it from there but that will be one of the things I will be looking into (saving the bucks where I can, I hope). I hope I get some replies......Bill

showman

Recruit
Re: Prop Tunnel Hulls

I figured someone would have some kind of info on what I asked. I did find out that the new model year will come out July 1 and there is a new law (thanks EPA) on the fuel tanks. Seems the EPA does not want any gas fumes escaping from the fuel tank and will require a "one way check valve" to be installed on the vent line to stop fumes from escaping into the air. The dealer I have been talking to (Old Salt Marine-Lakeland, Fl) gave me that tidbit of info. This law takes effect on all 2012 model boats.